Pet Names (Karamatsu x Reader)

Summer had officially begun and since you were on break from your normal life of (school/work), you were free to do whatever you pleased. Sadly, there was nothing really to do, meaning you were bored out of your skull. The fact that you had nothing to occupy yourself with irked you, as you were desperate to find something at least a bit enjoyable. Thus, most of your time was spent with you in the couch reading manga and your boyfriend sometimes joining you in the activity. Like today for example.

"(Y/n)! I think we've reached the point in our relationship where I need to have a pet name for you!" Your boyfriend's voice spoke out as the two of you were reading on the couch.

Hearing him call out, you snapped your head up from the manga you were reading and quirked a brow. Placing the book down and not losing your page, you raised up a hand questioningly. What the hell brought this up?

"But you already call me your Karamatsu-Girl... Isn't that pet name enough...?" You questioned, honestly confused about where this whole thing came from in the first place. "What brought this up, Kara-Chan?"

He chuckled to himself, looking over to see the very faint blush on your cheeks. It was almost not noticeable and hell, you didn't even realize it until he pointed it out. He placed his magazine down in a similar fashion as you had, not losing his page. The man leaned over towards your face and placed a kiss on your forehead. He pulled away with a hearty laugh.

"You're flustered, yes? I can see the growing hue on your cheeks!" He smiled widely, making you groan and cross your arms.

"Hush it. And you didn't answer my question!" You were still acting annoyed with the situation, rolling your eyes.

He held up a page to you to look at and you scanned over it as he spoke, "Ah, but my Karamatsu-Girl! You don't understand! This magazine here recommends using pet names for building a stronger relationship. And I think you need something more personalized than 'Karamatsu-Girl', yes?"

You furrowed your brows and waved your hands around frantically, not exactly knowing how you felt about the situation. "I-I don't know!"

You quickly picked your book up again to distract from and hide the pink tint on your face that was now extremely noticeable. The blue man beside you laughed to himself upon seeing you avoid confrontation with the idea overall. Yet, Karamatsu was persistent. It was quiet for a long while and the two of you were back reading whatever you were interested in: Him still reading magazines and you trying not to fangirl when the two main characters got together in your manga. He'd occasionally reach out for your hand and press a kiss to your knuckles as he read or rub your knee with his thumb as your legs were spread over his thighs. It made him feel serene and at peace as though the moment wouldn't end. And then there was you, bored out of your mind.

"Baby doll...?" He looked over at you for signs of approval of the name. Personally, he was into old school pet names, so he actually liked the idea of calling you 'doll'.

"Eh?" You paused for a moment, flinching to sit up as you scratched your neck. "That's kind of awkward don't you think?"

You simply got a shrug in reply as he continued down the list of names in the magazine. How he ignored the fact that you didn't want a pet name irked you.

"I told you, I don't need a pet name...!" You insisted, eyeing him carefully as he read the same page on the magazine repeatedly. He didn't respond. "Karamatsu...."

You flinched again when you saw him slowly turning, with a mischievous glint in his eyes. He was turning so slowly that it kind of bothered you. But, he continued ever so slowly.

"Idiot! Why are you turning your head so slowly?" You snapped, making him shake his head and apologize.

"Ah I'm ever so sorry my..." He trailed off and looked at his list for a moment. "My honey bun!"

Your eyes were half lidded in disbelief and being ticked off. "That's horrible."

"What about.... Pumpkin?" He chuckled as he scanned your face yet again for a reaction. You grimaced at the name. It wasn't as bad as the first two he had suggested, but 'pumpkin' wasn't good either.

"No."

"Angel?" His smile was still wide as it had been before.

"No thanks."

He looked back at his list, not seeing any he found pleasing and resulting in him making his own up. "Kitten?"

You choked on the water you were sipping on. "That sounds like something Ichimatsu would call his non existent girlfriend!"

He hummed in thought for a moment and you just stared at him with wide eyes, genuinely horrified of any other names he could come up with.

"Sunshine!" He suggested in English, making your face heat up. He noticed and offered you a smirk. "That one makes you very flustered. How about that one? You're going to get a pet name! There's no escaping it, honey!"

You violently shook your head from side to side.

"Precious?"

"Enough with the English names!" You scolded half jokingly but half serious.

"Okay baby~"

"KARA STOP!" You yelled, now stuck in a fit of laughter.

He laughed along with you for a while but when he stopped, you were still in a giggling fit. So much so that you didn't notice he had stopped the laughter and was looking straight at you with wide eyes, mouth agape, and red cheeks. Watching you laugh the way you were made him feel butterflies in his stomach. Eventually you calmed down and looked back at him, your facial expression matching his.

"My Princess..." He said breathlessly, genuinely loving the way it rolled off his tongue. The man thought it matched you perfectly and as much as he knew you would deny it, he knew he was sticking with that name the moment he spoke it.

"E-eh? Karamatsu... I'm not a princess. Not even close." You told, wondering how he even came up with something like that.

The man smiled and brushed a piece of hair behind your ear and out of your face. He leaned in towards your lips and pressed a sweet and tender kiss upon them, holding the two of you there for a few seconds. Karamatsu pulled away, just centimeters from your mouth, a smile gracing his features.

"You don't think so, but you're my princess no matter what. And I love you with all my heart~!"