Tree Bros- Everyday It'll Rain

Warning: Mentions of abuse

Hella Angsty and Hella Short

"Evan?"

Evan stopped in his tracks, not daring to turn around.

Connors eyes finally adjusted to the light, and he saw the suitcases Evan had with him. "Ev? What are you doing? Your trip is next week."

"Oh," Evan nervously laughed, sucking in a breath. "Silly me. I must, I must have gotten the dates mixed up." He laughed again before shaking his head. "No. No I did. Come on, Hansen. You can do this." He mumbled to himself.

"Evan?" Connor asked again. "Come to bed, Evan. Now."

"No."

Connor was stunned. Evan had never spoken back to him. He was always good and polite. "Evan?" Connor asked, with a growl in his voice. "Come back to bed, Evan. Your trip is in a week."

"I'm not going on a trip! I never was!" Evan yelled, his anger bubbling out of him. "You've been hurting me for, for, for far too long, Connor! I can't... I can't be here anymore." He picked up his luggage. "I'm staying with a friend for a while. Goodbye, Connor."

Connor grabbed Evans hand forcefully, making Evans stumble back. "Oh, you think you're leaving?" Connor chuckled, but it was anything but pleasant sounding. "That's fucking hilarious. Now get to the bedroom. Now."

"No." Evan replied, hitting Connor with his luggage. "I'm, I'm leaving you. I realized, I realized how much of a, of a piece of shit you are." Evan motioned to his black eye. "A good boyfriend wouldn't do this. This is, this is abusive shit! And, and I can't handle it for another week. So, so I'm leaving."

"Do you honestly think you can leave me? You're nothing without me! Nothing!"

Evan stood his ground, keeping a straight face as he turned and walked out the front door. He could feel droplets if rain fall on him as he got into his car, turning it on. He watched Connor fight the urge to follow him, and right before Connor closed the door, he punched a hole in the wall.

Better the wall than my face. Evan thought quietly. He chuckled to himself, but it soon turned to light sobs as he pulled out of the driveway, hoping to never see that man again.