Chapter Seventy-Two: Enough

Third Person POV

The Kuran family had three children. One known to the world, the other two hidden.

Kaname Kuran, the eldest child of Juuri and Haruka. Everyone knew of him, and treated him with great respect. Despite the fact he wasn't even fully grown. Nor that he had all of his powers.

There were rumors that the Kuran's had a second child. One that would be destined to marry Kaname to continue the Kuran lineage. However, no one could prove another existed.

Until the day they were attacked. The very day that Juuri and Haruka Kuran lost their lives.

That day everyone learned that another child did exist. Everyone then knew the reason for the attack on the prestigious Pureblood family. No one knew what she looked like, however, or where she was. Honestly, people were amazed that she was hidden so well.

They were neglectful to know that a third child did exist. Despite the child always being within sight. She'd never be recognized as the child of Juuri and Haruka.

How could she be?

She looked so different from them.

Her looks reflected that of the infamous Rido Kuran. She had a deep brown color to her hair and blood-red eyes. However, she was nothing like him. She was cheerful and didn't have a care in the world. Much like her mother in her early years.

They had failed to notice the connection. How could she look just like the crazed Pureblood, yet act just like her mother?

It didn't matter anyway. Fore when the time came she was broken. She would no longer be the happy child she once was. Everything that would fill her with happiness would be inevitably taken away from her; and that was exactly what happened. That was exactly what Rido Kuran wanted.

Back her into a corner.

Make her do his bidding.

After all, every child should learn to respect their....elders. However, Rido Kuran was much more to the broken girl than the eye could see.

That didn't matter either. Rido didn't care about the child. He fooled her to believe he did after making her believe no one else would care. He'd hide the truth from her.

She was only a resource to him.

A pawn.

However, he never lost sight of his true goal. He knew of the third and youngest child. She was a spitting image of Juuri, his love.

But he'd need the other child to grow stronger...to take what he desired.

If there was one thing he loved about that child, it'd be the taste of her sweet blood. She was a Kuran so the blood would be satisfying enough, yet it also made him even stronger.

How do you think he could've survived a blow to the head on that fateful night?

He had failed to claim what was his then, but he wouldn't now. He had waited for the perfect moment to come back, make his pet suffer, and take what belonged to him.

Finally, she had awakened. The time had finally come. He wouldn't waste a single moment.

Yuuki Kuran had awakened from her slumber.

She was confused. She didn't know what happened. Her mind was a blur for mere moments before everything revealed itself at once. It was so much to process.

"Yuuki."

One thing was clear, however.

The man before her meant more to her than she could even begin to think he was. She loved him even more than she did before. However, something felt different.

A new hunger rose.

A new lust.

Without realizing it she had lunged at the Pureblood. She just wanted to crave that new feeling within her, yet she hesitated.

"It's okay, Yuuki."

She felt tears stream from her eyes as she sunk her fangs into his neck. She didn't want to do this, yet she wanted his blood.

"Don't cry, Yuuki."

When the awakened Pureblood princess released her fangs she recalled some painful scenes she had witnessed as a child, memories she wasn't able to recollect before.

She knew she had a sister; yet her little self couldn't comprehend that she was gone. Her family would tell her stories of her older sibling. At one point in time she was even shown a picture her missing sister had drawn of all of them, including her even though she wasn't born yet.

"What happened to her?" she asked. "Akane...she..."

Kaname's eyes widened slightly. "So you do remember." He paused for a moment. "She was only taken away by an evil vampire."

Yuuki stayed silent for a few seconds, not realizing how vague the details Kaname told her were. He couldn't tell her everything, not yet at least.

However, she'd learn soon enough.

"Does she....hate me?" Yuuki asked hesitantly.

She felt herself tremble in her spot. She remembered how her and Akane were so close, yet recently she had been distant.

Why? she thought. Why did it have to be this way?

Kaname shook his head. "No. She was only fooled into believing a sea of lies. She'll open up soon enough."

"Will she be okay?" she asked worriedly.

Kaname smiled before perking her chin up. "Yes. She'll make it out of the darkness, Yuuki. She'll remember how much she wanted you in her life."

Her brother wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. She smiled and closed her eyes, accepting his embrace.

She then saw a monster. The same one she had seen for weeks now. It made her scream. Which resulted in the glass window behind them shattering. She turned slowly.

"Did I....do that?"

Yuuki began to shake and Kaname wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"It's okay. You don't need to fear your power."

This isn't okay...I can't...!

"I'll always be here for you. Don't forget." Kaname's eyes widened as he let go of his sister. She didn't see it but he had a twisted expression. "Yuuki, stay here. There is something I must attend to. I'll be back soon."

She stayed silent as Kaname left. She didn't want him to go, but if there was something he had to do she didn't want to stand in his way.

Her head suddenly jerked up as she smelled something sweet. Knowing what it was, Yuuki hurried over to the window to take a look outside.

Akane...?

She saw her sister walking out of the Moon Dorms with a gloomy expression. Despite being told to stay put, she stood and discretely made her way out of the dormitories. She followed the scent of her sister, only to find her standing next to the pool in silence.

"Aka—"

I don't belong in this world.

Yuuki's eyes widened as she heard the thoughts of her sister. She saw her smile.

"I'm sorry, Ri-chan. I can't take it anymore," she mumbled to herself as she saw tears stream down her face. "I—"

She saw her clench her fist over her heart and say three words, yet she couldn't hear them. Mere moments later she saw Akane fall into the water and not resurface. Without hesitation, Yuuki ran in to save her.

"Akane!"