Chapter 6

THOMAS POV:

"What about us" I asked. "Nothing, we are part griever so we can't change the maze" said Newt. "Is the exit threw the whole" I asked pointing at it. I put my hand down. "Yes, you type in the code and that's your way out" said Newt. "So why haven't you left" I asked. "The war between robot people and humans is still going on. Some one has to make sure the humans don't get out of here and we have control of them" said Newt. We started leaving. "Anyway that's enough for tonight, we need to get back to the glade and all the grievers will come back here before the maze opens" said Newt. We left and the doors closed. I followed Newt back to the walls and we climbed over them again. We ran to the sleep area and silently walked. "Okay pretend to get some sleep. If any one ask say I showed you where the bathroom is" Newt whispered. I nodded and silently walked to my hammock. Newt went to his. I crawled in laid on my back. I laid there for a hour or two and closed my eyes.

"Thomas" said Alby. I popped my eyes opened and Alby covered my mouth. He signaled me to be quit and I relaxed a little. Alby removed his hand and I sat up. "Come on" Alby whispered. I stood up and we left. I looked back at the people and saw Newt looking at us. He smiled and I smiled back. Newt went back to pretending to sleep. "Peaceful isn't it, hard to believe but it wasn't always this way. We had dark days" said Alby. He was carrying a knife. I have no idea what for. "We lost a lot of boys to fear" said Alby.

NEWT POV:

I watched Thomas and Alby. Aby handed Thomas a knife and he carved his name on the wall. I know cause we all did the same thing. I  closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep again. Every one else later got up and I pretended to wake up. All the workers in the kitchen started making breakfast. I found Thomas. "So what happens today" he asked. "You'll start doing different jobs till they find you the perfect job for you" I said. "Which do I start with" asked Thomas. "Farming, it's pretty easy" I said.

"What do you do in the farming job" asked Thomas. "Just grow crops to make food and feed the animals. When the animals are ready we give them to the slices to cut up and make into food" I said. "Where do you work" asked Thomas. "The farm, we start after breakfast" I said. When the cooks were done we headed to the dining hall. "Has any one seen Ben" asked a runner. "He might still be sleeping" I said. "No we checked. He might of just got a head start today" said Minho. "And skipped breakfast" asked Frypans. Thomas looked at me and I shrugged. It's not like Ben actually found anything. We went back to breakfast and every one as of right now assumed that Ben just got a head start. After all he couldn't of gotten into the maze. Plus why would he go back? If he dropped a knife or something he's not stupid enough to go get it when he knows he would die. He's smart enough to wait till tomorrow or even a week if it was in one of the sections. After breakfast the cooks washed the dishes and I took Thomas to the farm. "Okay here is a shovel and you can start digging a whole here so we have more room for food to grow" I said.