Chapter 58

THOMAS POV:

I sat down in a chair. Newt and Gally were later called in to the meeting leaving me alone with Maze. Maze pulled the collar of his shirt out and looked down. "Are you okay" I asked. "Ya it's nothing" said Maze. "You can tell me" I said. Maze signed and took his vest and shirt off. His chest over his heart was see threw like a ghost. I was shocked. "There is a chance my parents don't end up together. If that does happen" Maze started. "You aren't born" I said. "Which is why I have to get them back together" said Maze. I noticed a tattoo on Maze shoulder. It said

Kill order

   Maze

     #8

"What is that" I asked. "A long time ago three me's killed them self and there was a order to it. I was number eight as you can see but four never killed them self so we just stopped" said Maze. I said nothing. I remember how Maze was born into the maze. "Who are your parents" I asked. "I'll tell you later" said Maze. He put his shirt and vest on again. Newt and Gally came back with WCKD. 

I stood up. "We have made our decision" said a worker. "What is it" I asked. Gally signed. "Well greenie you can either have your memory of tonight erased or become half griever" said Gally. Newt caught me as I fell. I didn't faint I just lost the strength in my legs. Newt held me up. "We will give you till tomorrow to choose" said a worker. They left. I said nothing and look at Newt. "Come on" he said. Newt picked me up bridal style. "Newt" I started. No Tommy, I'm gonna carry you" said Newt. We left and went back to the maze. Newt let me climb the wall but he carried me to my hammock. He laid me down. I remember all the times I would carry him. He hated it so much. "Get some sleep" said Newt. He started leaving. "Wait Newt" I said sitting up. "Ya" said Newt turning to face me. I signed. "Can you stay with me? Just until I fall asleep" I asked. "Of course" said Newt. I laid back down and Newt laid with me holding me in his arms. I was a little shocked but went to sleep. 

I woke up the next morning and Newt was still holding. "Did you stay here all night" I asked. "Ya, I figured I can stay after you were asleep and you didn't tell me no" said Newt. "Look, about last night I" I started. "No, don't worry about that right now" said Newt. "But" I started. "Tommy just relax. Come on, let's get breakfast and we can talk about it later" said Newt. I nodded and got up. Newt and I walked to the kitchen. I honestly never thought I would ever understand how Minho chose to become half griever but now here I am in the same place he was. I wish I could ask him about it. I got a plate and sat at the table. "Has anyone seen Ben" asked Minho entering the kitchen. I nearly choked on my breakfast. I forgot about Ben. "You okay Tommy" asked Newt. I nodded. "He could be sleeping" said Winston. "No we checked already" said a runner. I bet Ben was stung again. It's fine I just won't enter the woods alone again until they find Ben. Well maybe he won't try to kill me. After all he knows I'm human. "He might of just got a head start" said Minho.