Chapter 34

THOMAS POV:

"We are, it's just sound and lighting effects. The rain however is from sprinklers" said a boy. "Makes you wonder if we are underground" said a boy. I looked at Newt wondering but he shook his head no. I nodded but no noticed. Newt laid down on my hammock and put his legs over my lap. "Did you guys find anything in the maze" asked a boy. "No, it started raining so Minho ordered us all to go back to the glade" I said. "Makes sense, it's hard to run in rain" said a boy. "So what about all of you, did anyone destroy their cast in the ran" I asked. "No, once the clouds came on the screen Alby had us all go back here and stay here just in case it rains. Which it did" said Newt. I laid down with Newt and everyone started heading to their own hammocks. Newt grabbed my sack lunch. "Hey" I said. "You're not gonna use it today" said Newt opening it. I took my bag back. "That doesn't mean you can eat it" I said. "We haven't had lunch yet" said Newt. I signed and got up.

"I'll be right back with some food. Stay here" I said. Newt rolled his eyes and I ran off to the kitchen for lunch. Frypan had the cooks bring some food to the people who were stuck at the sleep area and I brought Newt a tray of food. We had to have some of the other gladers hold up wood and other stuff to keep us dry from the rain. Most of the runners just ate from their sack lunches. I made it back to Newt and handed him the food. He sat up and started eating. 

NEWT POV:

Thomas sat next to me and started eating his own lunch. We cuddled and ate as we watched the ran. After lunch everyone else started coming over. Not many of us can work in the ran. It's too muddy and it's best we stay dry. Minho walked up to us. "I'm guessing you two can't get wet" said Minho a little annoyed. "I can but Newt can't" said Thomas. "I can't wait to get rid of this bloody cast" I said. "Just a few more weeks" said Thomas rubbing my shoulder. "What are the plans for tonight" asked Minho. 

Thomas and I were confused. "Um nothing really I guess. Why" I asked confused. "The whole nightmares thing that Newt is going threw. You can't walk to the woods and even if Thomas carried you I'm sure the hammock is soaking wet" said Minho. "Well we could sleep here but I'll have to make sure Newt doesn't scream" said Thomas. Minho looked around and made sure no one was listening and leaned in closer to us. "Is this a halfing thing" Minho whispered. We both nodded. "It's a long story, we can explain later" I said. Minho stood back up. "Good, is it permanent" asked Minho. "No, Newt only has a few more dreams to go threw and then it will be over for good" said Thomas. "I can't bloody wait" I said. "Speaking of which you should sleep" said Thomas taking my tray. "But Tommy, I'm not even night. It's bloody noon" I said. "Well you can't work so sleep, at least try to Newt" said Thomas laying me down. I crossed my arms and signed. "Fine, I'll try to take a nap and have a bloody nightmare" I said annoyed. "You'll be fine" said Thomas. He kissed my forehead and I watched him run off to the kitchen with the trays before I fell asleep.