Chapter 40

NEWT POV:

I stood up too fast and fell backwards. There was a few snickers from some of the gladers. I signed annoyed and Thomas offered me his hand. I took it and stood up. "You okay Newt" asked Thomas. "Fine, just bloody tripped" I said. "Okay, come let's go" said Thomas. I followed Thomas out the door. "So what was so important" I asked. Thomas looked at the sky. I looked up there two and saw it was almost night. We both looked back at each other. "Come on" said Thomas. We started walking. "Oh one last thing" said Thomas stopping. I stopped walking. "What" I asked. Thomas grabbed a blind fold out of his pockets. I signed and rolled my eyes. Thomas smiled and put the blindfold over my eyes. He picked me up. I didn't object because how can you lead a blind person with crutches? More importantly how would I even walk? I am still annoyed by Thomas having to carry me. "Is the blind fold so you can bloody carry me" I asked. Thomas thought for a bit. "No, it was mostly because you blind folded me but this works two" said Thomas.

Guess that explains the blind fold. I wonder what Thomas has planned. A million ideas ran threw my head. Some we can't do. I mean how are we suppose to go to the movies or something? Thomas set me down on a sheet. So we are still outside and on a sheet. I tried to think but Thomas laid me down on my back. He laid next to me and we snuggled. Thomas took the blind fold. I looked up at the night sky and saw stars. "I figured I can plan a date. How do you like it" asked Thomas. "I don't care what we do Tommy, I just wanna do it with you" I said. I kissed Thomas on the cheek and went back to the stars. I later closed my eyes and fell asleep. I was in my old bedroom at my house. I looked at everything. It's the same as how I left it. I felt something on my leg and slapped it. A spider. I looked and saw more spiders all around me. I ran out of my room my door wouldn't open. 

I tried to throw my body against the door to break it but it didn't work. The spiders started crawling on me. The door opened and I saw Thomas. He stood there holding the door handle. I tried to run up to him but the spiders stopped me. "THOMAS" I yelled bolting up. Thomas hugged me as I was breathing heavy. I calmed down after a while and realized we were on my hammock in the woods. I laid back down and relaxed. "One more nightmare" said Thomas. "Wish I could bloody sleep right now and get it over with" I said annoyed. "One more night Newt. Just be glade we know which fear it is" said Thomas. I hugged Thomas as we laid there. "Come on, let's get breakfast" I said after a hour of silence. Thomas and I stood up and headed to the kitchen. We told Alby that there is one more nightmare I have to go threw. He wasn't sure how we know for sure but he understood and was happy with it. Maybe after work I can try to catch some sleep and hopefully get it over with. However I am happy to almost have these crutches gone. Teresa sat next to us. "Hey can I ask something" she asked. "Sure" I said. "Does Minho ever mention me" asked Teresa.