Chapter 70

THOMAS POV:

Everyone else climbed down. I looked back at Newt. "Newt what's wrong" I asked. "I miss our bloody maze. Well not the maze but everyone there" said Newt. I signed and Newt cried in my chest. I rubbed his back. "Newt, it will be fine. We will see them again. I'm sure WCKD found out about this and they are trying to fix this. They will send us back to our maze" I said. "Hopefully" said Newt. We stayed there for a minute or two until Newt calmed down. I broke the hug but still held Newt's arms. "You okay" I asked. Newt nodded. "Ya, let's go see everyone" said Newt. I kissed his lips and we climbed down. "Sorry I got emotional for a bloody second" said Newt. "It's fine. Happens to everyone. Anyway Ben should be here soon to help you settle in" said Lake. "Ben" asked Alby. "Ben was the greenie last month. Funniest thing ever when that kid came up. He climbed out of the box and bolted straight for the maze. Ben stopped just before he entered the maze and fell back on his shank butt. Almost like something stopped him" said Lake.

Lake laughed a little at the memory. "Anyway the keeper of the runners Blake, later made Ben a runner" said Lake. "So do they send five greenies" asked Alby. "Normally it's one every month but maybe they wanted to switch it up or something. Reguardless you are all welcome here. However the girl will have to sleep in her own hut" said Lake. "She stays with me" said Minho sharply. "Very well, if you both are okay with that it's fine but me but if you change your mind just tell me" said Lake. "New greenies huh, guess I've been promoted" said a voice. 

NEWT POV:

I froze. It can't be. We turned and saw BEN. I was shocked. He looked just like he did in our maze. "GAH" Thomas screamed falling back wards. Ben snickered a little. Teresa was confused. Minho whispered something in her ear and she understood. Thomas swallowed and stood up. I swear I have to be bloody dreaming. "Nice to meet you greenies. I'm Ben" said Ben. "I'm Alby. That is Teresa, Minho, Newt, and Thomas right" asked Alby pointing at us. "Ya" I said still surprised. "Come on, let's get you settled in" said Ben. 

Ben pointed at us and counted in a whisper. "Looks like we need five hammocks" said Ben smiling. I can only imagine how Thomas feels. After all Ben was stung and tried to bloody kill Tommy. "Oh, no. Actually Newt and I are sleeping together, Alby is by himself, and Minho and Teresa are sleeping together" said Thomas. "Makes things easier for me" said Ben. I noticed Minho was happy. Him and Ben were close friends. Ben took us to get the hammocks. We started setting them up. Ben and I set up the hammock for me and Thomas while Thomas sat off to the side. He wanted to help but I didn't want him to because of his 'stomach bug'. We finished and the halfings ran up to us. "We got it from here Benny" said one patting Ben's shoulder. "You sure cause I can still help them" said Ben. "It's fine, besides it's time we introduce ourselves" said the other. "Okay fine" said Ben. He ran off to the runners base I assume. "Now you three boys come with us" said the first pointing at me, Minho, and Thomas. "Not with out Teresa" I said. The boys looked at us surprised. I walked up to them. "Teresa knows about the halfings" I whispered so only they could hear me. The second one slapped me.