Chapter 57

THOMAS POV:

Gally and Newt exit the runners base and headed to the maze. "Those shanks shouldn't be in there"said Ben. "I'm gonna follow them" I said. Wait why? Why did I say that? "Good idea, stay behind me" said Ben. I just hope Ben isn't stung again. We followed Newt and Gally to the maze walls. "You know you will have to tell your boyfriend you are half griever" said Gally. Ben was shocked with horror in his eyes. "I couldn't bloody tell if he is gay or not" said Newt. Ben swallowed. "Well what did you learn" asked Gally. Ben signaled me to be quiet as we followed. "The greenie wants to be a runner and he didn't seem that scared when I mentioned the grievers" said Newt. Gally and Newt started climbing the walls. Ben got up and started walking up to the walls. He grabbed the vines to climb the wall. "What are you doing" I asked. Ben stopped and looked at me. "It's my job to find away out of the maze. No matter what the cost" said Ben. He started climbing again. "What about the grievers"I asked. 

"I'm willing to take my chances" said Ben. I signed and followed. We climbed down and were now in the maze. A griever roared in the distance. My eyes went wide and I looked at the direction. "Relax, let's find those two shuck faces" said Ben. I nodded and followed Ben. We ran to find Newt and Gally. A griever walked up in front of us. We stopped running. The griever roared and started chasing us. "RUN GREENIE" Ben yelled. "WHERE" I yelled. "JUST RUN" Ben yelled. I ran with out looking back. I turned a corner and crashed into Newt. We fell and I was on top of him. I pushed myself off Newt's chest. "Greenie" said Gally surprised. I quickly stood up. I started stammering on a excuse as Newt stood up. "Greenie" said Newt. I shuted up. "What are you doing here" asked Newt. I said nothing. A griever roared behind me. I turned around with fear in my eyes. Newt ran in front of me. "He's with us" said Newt holding me behind him. The griever roared and walked away. I relaxed and caught my breath. Newt turned to me. "Well this is great" said Gally sarcastically. 

"I'm pretty sure a griever took Ben" said Maze. "What are we gonna do with him" asked Newt looking at Gally. I swallowed in fear. "We have to take him to WCKD" said Gally. "Okay come on" said Newt signaling me to follow. I slowly started walking. We ended up running and made it to the blades. I don't feel the buzzing like before. I kinda miss it. Gally and Newt took me and Maze to the exit. Maze doesn't say much he's just there. Which to be fair I am the only one who can see and hear him. We made it to the exit and the wall opened up. We walked to the end of the tunnel. I feel like I am walking to my doom. The three walls opened up and the fourth had the whole open. Gally typed in the code and we left. Newt grabbed my hand. We looked at each other. "You'll be alright Tommy" said Newt. "I know" I said. We continued walking. We made it to WCKD. "Wow why did you bring a human here" asked a worker. "He saw us and knows that we are half griever" said Newt. "You three wait here while we decide how to fix your mishap" said a worker. They all left.