Chapter 51

THOMAS POV:

"It would of been better if I was never taken from my birth family. Maybe none of this would have happened" I said sadly. "Very well, if that's what you wish" said Maze. He started walking away. "Where are you going" I asked. Maze looked back at me and smiled. "Home" he said. "But we are in the maze" I said confused. "I know, this place might not be home some but I was born here. It's all I ever known" said Maze. "DARON" a voice yelled. I swear it sounded like Newt. Maze smiled. "Just remember what I said okay" said Maze. He ran and vanished into thin air. I was confused. I didn't even tell the runners during lunch. They would think I'm crazy. I probably am. After we finished for today I spent my time around the glade. I sat down on the ground. "Hey Thomas" said Chuck walking up to me. I looked over at him and smiled. "Hey Chuck" I said. Chuck sat next to me. "I know it's not my business and you don't have to tell me if you don't want but what happened with you and Newt" asked Chuck.

I signed and looked away. "It's complicated" I said. I can't tell him. He will freak out. "Well can you talk to Newt? He's really sad and hasn't left his hammock since you left. He really misses you" said Chuck. I nodded. "Okay, I'll take to him later" I lied. Mostly get Chuck to shut up. I don't even know what to say to Newt. "Well I'm getting dinner" said Chuck. He got up and left. I later got dinner myself. I entered the kitchen and noticed Newt wasn't here. Is he really that sad? I got a plate and sat at a table by myself. I mostly stared at my food. I heard some whispers and felt stares among the gladers. I know they are talking about me and Newt. I signed and started eating. Frypan made his so famous stew. Newt always acted like it was the best dish in the world. He loved it. I'm sure he will come eat soon. He can't resist the stew. I saw Gally leave with a plate of food. He must be leaving to feed Newt. I am jealous but I still am not ready to talk to Newt. Not yet.

I again barely ate and took my plate up to the dishes. I left and said nothing. I saw Newt sitting where he first told me about being half grievers and everything the night I first came up. I remember the night by the camp fire. I was still adjusted and trusted Newt with everything I had. He was the one who made me understand everything as he explained the maze, what we are, and everything else. Newt was holding my ring I gave him. I said nothing and went to my hammock. He will move on and it's for the best. I just want midnight to come so everything will be fixed. assuming that maze boy was real and not just my imagination. I laid down on my hammock. Everyone else later started going to bed. Newt later sadly walked to his hammock. He didn't look at me. I rolled over and heard him cry a little. I hate this but it's for the best. We aren't meant to be together. I'll just have to find my soulmate. I'm sorry Newt. I took a sharp inhale as I cried. I'm sure Newt heard me. I covered my mouth with my hand and silently cried. "Tommy" Newt whispered. I said nothing and closed my eyes.