Chapter 46

MINHO POV:

It has been a few weeks since I became half griever. I'm use to it now and Teresa agreed to date me. I left the runner base and ran to the medjacks to find Teresa. She became a medjack. "Where is Teresa" I asked. "She left, she said she will either be in the woods or the tree fort" said Jeff. I left and ran to the tree fort. I climbed up and found Teresa sitting on the ledge with her feet dangling. She looked back at me. "Hey" she said. I walked up and sat next to her. "You okay" I asked. "I was just thinking of my twin brother" said Teresa. "You have a twin brother" I asked. "Ya, he was taken away by halfings" said Teresa. I said nothing. "Can I ask what happened" I said a little nervous. "One night halfings broke into the house and took me and my brother. We woke up crying and my parents ran to save us. They killed the halfing holding me but the others made it away with my brother after killing my mom. And I haven't seen my brother since" said Teresa. I said nothing. 

"Do you know what happened to him" I asked. "No but my dad told me his name was Stephen" said Teresa. I put my arm around Teresa and scooted closer to her. "Maybe he is still alive but why would they take you at such a young age? Your dad wasn't even president yet" I said. (Longest you can serve is 10 years). "I don't know. My dad always told me how my mom would say that we are special but maybe they just wanted more halfings or something. I just hope my brother is okay. Plus the only way I will know it's him is the birthmark on our left shoulder" said Teresa. "You have a birthmark" I asked. "Ya" said Teresa. She turned to face me and rolled down her left sleeve revealing a black star on her shoulder.

NEWT POV:

I was walking with Thomas around the glade. "So I get to ditch these crutches tomorrow" I said happily. "That's great. Anyway i uh well" Thomas started stuttering. "Tommy are you okay" I asked. "Ya uh. What ever here it goes" said Thomas. I was nervous but saw some boys watching us in the distance. I swear they ship us. Which is good but what is going on. Thomas signed and took a deep breath.

"The truth is when I first came up in the box I was scared and confused but I knew right away there was something special about you. You helped me adjust to everything and soon became more then a best friend. You became my boyfriend but I want you to be more than that" said Thomas. "Tommy" I asked. "Look, what I'm trying to say is" Thomas said and got down on one knee. He held my hand. "Will you become my husband" asked Thomas holding up a small box with a ring. I was surprised, happy, and excited. "Yes" I said. Thomas smiled and stood up to kiss me on the lips. I closed my eyes and heard cheers and awws from the gladers. I opened my eyes and we broke the kiss. "So the wedding is tomorrow and we have a lot of planing to do" said Thomas. "We plan over lunch. Let's tell everyone else" I said. We told every other glader. Teresa was actually happy for us and she doesn't promise to stay up all night with the three of us but she will stay up as long as she can.