Chapter 33

NEWT POV:

Thomas bolted up and hugged me. I relaxed and hugged him back. We broke the hug and I saw Thomas' handsome face. I was happy to see again. I'll never take it for granted again. "You okay" asked Thomas. "Ya, I'm better now" I said. We hugged for another minute or so till we broke the hug. "Come on, we have to talk to Minho" said Thomas. He stood up and helped me up. I grabbed my crutches and we started walking. Some of the gladers were still sleeping. The cooks were all waking up and heading to the kitchen. I stood outside of the sleep area while Thomas went to go get Minho. I figured only one of us needs to go and get Minho. Besides I can't exactly walk in there with my crutches. Thomas woke Minho up and we started walking away from everyone. "So what happened, I feel the same" said Minho. "That's because you only fainted" I said. "So they didn't do anything" asked Minho. We sat under a tree in the woods. "Well they will let you choose if you die, erase your memory, or become half griever" said Thomas.

We were silent. "How long do I have to choose" asked Minho. "We have no idea, just take your time" I said. We went back to being silent. I looked at Thomas who just looked back at me and signed. "I am not choosing death and we already tied having my memory erased. So that leaves me becoming half griever but I know nothing about that" said Minho. "Not to mention we will have to fake something to make it look less questionable" said Thomas. "He's right but we can teach about everything" I said. Minho signed. 

THOMAS POV:

Minho stood up. "I'll have to think about this" he said. "Come on, let's get breakfast" I said changing the subject. I got up and helped Newt up. We walked to the kitchen in silence. Everyone was talking about different stuff. Minho sat with the runners and chatted with them while I just sat with Newt. We didn't really talk that much. To be honest I am a little worried for Minho but the choice is his. I can't choose for him. The only way I can help is to give him some time. Hopefully that will work anyway. 

After breakfast I grabbed my sack lunch and ran into the maze. After saying goodbye to Newt of course. Minho was the same as always. Just run and look for a exit or anything. He lead us away from the exit and we looked around section 2. Some runners tried to turn the blades one last time but gave up shortly afterwards. I spent most of the time looking around the walls and blades pretending to find something. I felt some water on my skin. I looked at my hand confused and saw a drop of water on my hand. I looked up and the sprinklers kicked on for it to start raining. "LET'S HEAD BACK TO THE GLADE" Minho yelled. We made sure everyone was here and started running back to the glade. I hope Newt and everyone else with a cast didn't damage them. I know that you can't get a cast wet. I made it back and since we didn't find anything Minho let us skip the meeting. I ran and found newt sitting on my hammock in the sleep area with the others with cast. "You're early" said Newt. I sat next to him. "Ya well you can thank the rain" I said. It thundered. "I thought we were in a dome" I said confused.