Chapter 50

NEWT POV:

Thomas woke up the next morning. He looked up at me. "What happened" he asked. "You fainted" I said. "For how long" asked Thomas. "All night" I said. Thomas signed. "Come on, I need to talk to you" he said getting up. I got up and followed Thomas to the forest. When we were alone he stopped and turned to me. "Before I fainted I saw something. I don't know what but I think it might of been a vision or a past memory" said Thomas nervously. He started panicing a little. "Tommy relax" I said. Thomas closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "What did you see" I asked. "I was taken from my mother and went threw painful experiments. It was like I was dying but I turned into a halfing" said Thomas. "What are you saying" I asked. "Newt I" Thomas signed and looked at the floor. "I can't do this. I'm sorry Newt" said Thomas. "Tommy" I asked. Thomas took his ring off and tossed it to me. I caught it and looked at Thomas shocked. He was holding back the tears about to spill any moment now. 

"You might want to find a better husband" said Thomas. My heart shattered. Thomas walked away and started crying. I held the ring in my hand. I started crying but whipped the tears away. I put the ring in my pocket and left the forest. I just walked around the glade sadly while I waited for breakfast. When breakfast was ready I got my plate. Thomas sat with the runners. I just sat by myself. I looked over at Thomas. He looked over at me and I saw tears in his eyes. He looked away before he started crying again. I barely ate.

THOMAS POV:

I just stared at my food. It's not that I hate Newt or anything I just don't feel worthy enough to be his husband anymore. If I'm correct than Teresa is my twin sister and I was born a human. I don't hate it but it makes me sad that Newt and I were born different. I grabbed my lunch after breakfast and ran into the maze. All I ate for breakfast was some toast. I wasn't that hungry. I have only broke up with Newt the s'morning and I already miss him. We made it to the blades.

I just walked around sad and alone. I heard Minho running up to me. "Go away Minho" I said annoyed. "I'm not Minho" said a voice. I was confused. I don't recognize that voice. I turned and saw a boy about 18. His left leg just below the knee was metal. He was white with green eyes and short auburn hair. He had a long sleeve grey shirt, jean vest, blue jeans, and a gym shoe. "Who are you" I asked. "Does it matter" the boy asked crossing his arms. "Ya, only the runners can be in here" I said. The boy slapped me. His hand went threw my head. "Did that hurt" he asked. "No" I said. "That's because I'm not real. Not yet anyway" said the boy. I was confused. "Okay whatever your name is, why are you here" I asked. "Just call me maze anyway, you believe life would be better if you were never taken right" asked the boy. "Ya" I said. "Well I'll make you a deal" said Maze. "What" I asked. "If you still feel the same way at midnight then the past will change to where you never became a halfing. You will start over and live your life how it would have been. Do we have a deal" asked Maze.