Chapter 24

THOMAS POV: 

I tried to help. It wasn't working. We took a lunch break and restored our energy so we can run back to the glade. We talked while we ate. When we finished We did more looking around and ran back to the glade. I hope Newt isn't having a nightmare again. If he is I will have to wake him up. We made it and ran to the base. We talked and said tomorrow we will try one last time to move the blades. I know it wont work but I can't tell them that. They will question me. After we finished I ran to find Newt. I found him at the farm feeding the animals. "Hey leave some for your brother" said Newt pushing a goat out of the way. I laughed as I watched Newt feed the goats. One goat tried to push another away to get more food and Newt didn't let that happen. I walked up to the fence. "Hey" I said with my hand in the air. Newt looked at me and smiled. "Hey Tommy, come in" said Newt. I opened the gate and entered. 

I closed the gate and started walking up to Newt. "Watch your step. They poop all over" said Newt. I watched my step making sure I don't step in anything. I walked up to Newt and looked at him. "They let you work today" I said. "Ya, they didn't want me to earlier because I didn't have crutches" said Newt. A goat spoke to me. "That's Phillip. He just wants food" said Newt. "Food is actually a good idea" I said. "Dinner starts soon let's go. I just need to drop this bag of goat food off" said Newt. I picked up Newt bridal style.

NEWT POV:

"Tommy" I said annoyed. "Relax Newt" said Thomas carrying me. "I can bloody walk" I said angrily. "I can bloody carry you" said Thomas. We were silent. "Ya I take that back it doesn't sound as cool when I say it" said Thomas. I smiled. He has a point. We dropped the bag off in the animal food storage building. Thomas started carrying me to the kitchen. "TOMMY" I yelled. "Not in my ear Newt" said Thomas annoyed. I signed annoyed. "Let me walk" I said annoyed. "Let me carry you" Thomas said smiling at me. "I can walk you know" I said.

"But if you were could I do this" asked Thomas. He kissed my lips as he walked. We broke the kiss and I was blushing a little. I guess he has a point. Thomas sat me down at a table and had my crutches under the table. He got me a plate and sat next to me this time. "So how did running the maze go today" I asked as we ate. "Well we didn't find anything but one of the runners got the idea to try and turn the blades" said Thomas. I nodded. "Well points for creativity but I don't think that's gonna work" I said. I took a sip of my drink. I set my glass down. "Ya but even if we could turn the blades that would be a lot to turn" said Thomas. "Ya, probably would reset and the blades would turn back to normal when it changes" I said. "Ya well that was all we found today" said Thomas. "Well at least they found something" I said. After we ate Thomas and I walked to the hammocks. Yes he actually let me walk myself. I laid on my hammock and Thomas put the crutches by the pole.