Chapter 26

THOMAS POV:

We made it back to the glade. During breakfast I told Alby that Newt is going threw nightmares and will continue to wake up screaming so I asked if there was anywhere we could sleep with out Newt's screams waking people up. "Well, his screams will still be heard but it will be quieter if you sleep in the forest. I think you might want to try sleeping together since you are dating" said Alby. I blushed. "What" I asked. "Thomas" said Alby. "Ya" I said nervously. Alby put his hands on my shoulders. "You have to ask Newt out before it's too late" said Alby. I blushed and Alby walked away with his tray. I grabbed mine and Newt's tray and sat down. "What was that about" asked Newt. "I talked to Alby about having us sleep some where else in the glade cause you keep having nightmares" I said. "Why did you blush" asked Newt. I blushed like a tomato. "Well uh Alby said t to um talk to us I mean you about the two of us possible dating" I said blushing as much as possible. I tried to cover it up.

"He's right, who else in here would we date" asked Newt. "So your saying" I started. "We should date, but we should do this properly. So, Tommy" asked Newt. "Yes Newt" I said taking my hands off my face. "Would you like to be my boyfriend" asked Newt. The room went silent. They must of heard us talking about dating. "No" I said. Newt was confused and every one was disappointed. "I'd love to" I said. Newt smiled as he realized what I did. The rest of the gladers cheered and awwed as we kissed. We broke the kiss and started eating again.

NEWT POV:

Thomas and I held hands as we ate. After breakfast Thomas grabbed his lunch and kissed me on the cheek before he left to enter the maze. I got my hammock from the sleep area with some other people who helped. They wanted to grab Thomas' bed two but I said we can sleep together. I mean we are dating but hopefully I don't scare him. We entered the woods and looked for where to set up the hammock. We placed back by the wall and tied it to some trees. I couldn't really help them set it up.

After they finished I went to the farm to see if they have anything for me to do. Which mostly is the same as yesterday. I just feed the animals, give the fruit and vegetables to the cooks, sort the fruit and vegetables, give the animals that are ready to the slices. With help of course since I can't keep the animals in a bag. They are too heavy and to spooked to carry in a bag. Especially if you have crutches or anything broken like me. I just hope the limp won't be that noticeable. After the morning was lunch. It was mostly the same till Thomas came back with the other runners. "Hey babe" said Thomas kissing me. "Hey Tommy" I said after the kiss. "So how did today go" I asked. "Well we tried turning the blades again but it didn't work that well" said Thomas. I nodded and we had dinner. "What about you" asked Thomas. "Well we moved my hammock so we can sleep in the woods" I said. "So is it ever the same dream" asked Thomas. "No, it's all my ten fears in no certain order but they are always a different fear each night" I said. "Which one is it tonight" asked Thomas.