Chapter 73

NEWT POV:

I signed and started explaining everything. Ben and Alby listened better than I thought they would. "And then we ended up here" I said. "Teresa has a twin" asked Ben. "Ya, she really misses him" I said. "Who did you leave in charge at the glade" asked Alby. I said nothing. "Well I didn't pick a second in command" I said nervously. Ya those boys are gonna be bloody lost with out a leader. We were silent for a moment. "Please don't tell Tommy you know" I said. "Why" asked Ben. "Because he is still scared you will attack him" I said. Ben crossed his arms and said nothing. "I should go back" I said. I walked back and saw Thomas sleeping again. I think he is anyway. "Well" asked Teresa. "Just a goat that was roaming around" I lied. "Well at least no one was hurt" said Minho. I picked up Thomas and held him bridal style. "Okay I'll take him to bed for the night" I said. I said goodbye to Minho and Teresa. I started walking Thomas to our hammock. "Tommy" I said as I walked. I waited and Thomas didn't respond.

He's either sleeping or too tired to respond. It kinda reminds me of when I had those bloody nightmares. It's kinda the same thing except Thomas only has visions of the future and doesn't wake up screaming my name. I laid Thomas down on the hammock. He's kinda cute when he sleeps. He isn't showing a baby bump yet but he will in about six weeks. It usually starts to show around 12 to 16 weeks if it's your first time. I still wish I knew more about pregnancy though. I laid on the hammock and help Thomas in my arms.

THOMAS POV:

"Thomas, we will let you have the babies but after they are born they must be killed" said Lake. "NO, YOU AREN'T TOUCH MY BLOODY SONS" Newt yelled. "CALM DOWN GREENIE. I DON'T LIKE THIS EITHER BUT WE CAN'T RAISE A BABY HERE. NOT TO MENTION ONLY GIRLS CAN GET PREGNANT" Lake yelled. "IT'S MY CHILDREN. I DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM" I yelled. "Sorry but the medjacks already agreed to kill your child" said Lake. "You MONSTER. THOSE ARE INNOCENT CREATURES" Teresa yelled. "LISTEN GREENIES. It's that or banish Thomas. I'll let you decide" said Lake. I looked down and started crying.

I won't let my sons die. I can't. I woke up crying the next morning. "Tommy what's wrong" asked Newt. "It's nothing" I sobbed. I stopped crying and threw up. It landed on me and Newt. "Sorry" I said. "It's fine, I know you didn't mean it" said Newt. "We should go clean up" I said. Newt got up and held out his hand. I took it and stood up. Some of the vomit ended up on the hammock. Newt and I walked over to farm to use the hose. Newt turned it on and started spraying me. I held my arms out as Newt sprayed the water at me. After we finished cleaning each other off we sat in the sun to dry off. Newt cleaned off the hammock and we went to breakfast. I got my own plate and sat down. Teresa and Minho sat down next to me and Newt. "So I was thinking, what if my brother was actually in our maze" Teresa whispered. "Okay but the only halfings in our maze are Thomas, Newt, and me" said Minho. "Maybe they didn't turn him. I mean anything could of happened to him" said Teresa.