Chapter 59

THOMAS POV:

"For the record Ben is still alive" said Maze. "And skipped breakfast" asked Frypan. "We haven't even finished making his lunch yet" said a cook. "He will show up some time. Just give him some time" said Alby. Everyone ate breakfast. Again every one assumed Ben just got a head start. I actually wish he wasn't stung.He seemed like a nice guy. I put my plate with the dirty dishes and headed to the farm with Newt. He had me do the same thing as last time. Dig holes for the builders to build more fence to grow food on. I mostly can't stop thinking about last night. Either have my memory erased or become half  griever. How is it that when you wanna change something you end up not changing it at all? I signed as I worked. "Tommy you okay" asked Newt walking up to me. "Ya just thinking I guess" I said looking at Newt. "Here, go dig us up some more fertilizer" said Newt handing me a basket with a shovel. I walked to the woods alone. Ben found me and was again stung. He tried attacking me like before.

Again he hurt my arm a little. The same thing happened again. Except Ben was screaming I can't join them. Maze actually tried to kick Ben off me but his leg went threw Ben. It didn't even make a difference. His arms and hands were now ghost like. I freed myself and ran with Ben chasing me. We made it to every one else and the same thing happened again. Ben was later  banished. That night when everyone was asleep I sat on the maze walls. There was a few grievers waiting for me to fail to my doom. I signed and looked at Maze who was sitting next to me. He was becoming more and more ghost like. "I think I'll become half griever" I said. "If you do everything goes back to the way it was before" said Maze looking at me. I signed and said nothing. "You okay greenie" asked Newt climbing to stand next to me. I nodded. Newt sat down and put his hand on my shoulder. The grievers got annoyed and left. "So what did you decide" asked Newt. "I didn't" I said looking at the ground below. Newt signed. 

"Well I guess I should bloody tell you but I love you" said Newt. I was surprised and looked at Newt. "But I'm human" I said surprised. Newt shook his head. "Doesn't matter. I'm half human. besides everyone has someone out there they were specifically made for" said Newt. I thought for a bit. "So you don't care that I was born a human" I asked. "Of course not. I don't care what you are. What matters  is you love me back" said Newt. I'M SUCH A IDIOT. "Thanks Newt" I said. I hugged him and climbed down into the maze. Newt followed me and we started running. Maze smiled and turned back to normal. He vanished. I woke up in my hammock. I'm back. I need to find Newt. I rolled over and looked at Newt's bed. EMPTY! I started waking everyone up and told them Newt is missing. We had torches and everyone looked all over for Newt. "Did you find him" I asked Winston who ran up to me with a few other boys and Teresa. "No, we checked the woods and the farm. He's not there" said Winston. "He has to be some where" I said. "Thomas, we checked everywhere. Newt isn't here"said Teresa. "No he has to be" I said. "Well were would you go if the love of your life broke your heart" asked Gally with a shrug. I turned to the maze walls.