Chapter 16

THOMAS POV:

"Com on" I said grabbing Newt's hand. We walked to the forest. I let go of Newt's hand and turned to face him. "Last night, after I started to get tired. I said something but do you.......love me" I asked nervously. "Ya, I always have since I first saw you" said Newt. I blushed. "So does this mean" I started. "We should date" said Newt. "Ya" I said blushing harder. Newt kissed me. We stood there kissing for a minute till we decided to leave. We went back and met up with everyone. The cooks started making breakfast. "Greenie, you still wanna be a runner" asked Minho walking up to us. "Wait really" I asked excited. "Ya, the only reason we survived out there was because of you" said Minho. I looked at Newt. "It's your choice Tommy" he said. "Yes" I said. "Good, we start after breakfast" said Minho. Newt and I looked at each other. We hugged each other. "I'm a runner" I said as we broke the hug. "Good luck out there Greenie" said Newt. It sounds cute when he says it. We went to breakfast. I sat with Newt like always.

After breakfast the runner grabbed their lunch except for Lewis. Minho doesn't want him out there again till he is better. We walked to the base. "Shouldn't we go into the maze" I asked. "We have to show you something Greenie" said Minho. We entered the base and closed the door. Minho pulled the sheet off the table and showed the map of the maze. I pretended to be surprised. "This is it" said Minho. "All of it" I asked. "Ya" said runner. "Why didn't you tell every one" I asked. "It was Alby's call" said Minho.

NEWT POV:

I saw Thomas run into the maze. Hopefully they don't get stuck out there again. Lewis is mad that he can't go but he can barely run. He is still low on energy but he can walk a little bit. The medjacks said he must of over worked himself while running. I worked on the farm sorting fruit and vegetables, growing crops, feeding the animals, and so on. I think it's time Thomas and I go on a actual date. I got the perfect idea. I talked to some of the other gladers who are gay and asked them for ideas for a date.

I had a lunch break and talked to Alby about moving my hammock next to Thomas. He said it was okay and I put mine next Thomas. This was not the idea I had. During the rest of our lunch break I was in the woods collecting flowers and finding a perfect picnic spot for the sunset. I laid a sheet on the grass and set everything up. I couldn't put the flowers in a vase so I just dug a hole and had that hold the flowers in place. They weren't special flowers it was just dandelions. The glade doesn't have flowers like roses, tulips, or any other kind of flower. We grow mostly food because we don't have seeds for anything else. Even if WCKD did send up flower seeds in the box we won't take the time to grow them. I finished setting up the picnic spot and had a small blind fold for Thomas. I just want to surprise him. After I finished everything I wrapped the blind fold around my arm and tied it. I went back to work. I couldn't stop smiling as I thought about Tommy. I know we can't dress up but I can at least looked presentable.