CHAPTER THREE: JIMIN

I sigh as the door to my room closes and I'm met with a frustrated and annoyed Rose. She glowers at me as I strip naked and hand her the robe.
"You can't behave this way, Jimin."
I scoff at her. "What have I done? Can't I enjoy this hell somehow? What else is there to do! So I tease the others a little..."
She huffs. "Your body is a temple, a treasure. It's not to be so blatantly displayed so causally to a bunch of betas. Only I and your future alpha should see it. You know this. You are shaming yourself. It's a disgrace."
I cross my arms indignity. "You're saying I'm a disgrace? What about you? I know you have a huge crush on IU, the main beta in charge! I have eyes and so do all the others."
Her eyes widen in surprise and I smirk. "W-What..."
"You can't lie. It's okay. When I'm gone you can probably have her. I do believe she likes you, too."
She blushes. "Y-you think so?"
I nod and wrap my arms around her in a hug. My protector since childhood. She's trained since a very young age to be my companion and safe guard until my mating. The only true person that will be honest with me.
"I know so. You know I have excellent knowledge of what goes on inside the sanctuary. Jungkook is pining over Yoongi who never seems to notice while Jin has lustful thoughts over his guard, JB. Both are such a shame, really. Myself, I like teasing Jungkook to take his mind off an oblivious Yoongi but he knows it can't happen anyway. We are not for betas."
She sighs and plops down. "I'm supposed to see all this. Why can't I?"
I laugh. "Because all you see is my faults and IU's beauty." I reply honestly.
Groaning, she looks up at me. "Are you ready to be bathed?"
Nodding, we walk into the brightly lit bathroom. She helps me into the rose petal covered warm water and begins washing me with ease, years or familiarity.
"I can't believe Yoongi doesn't let Jungkook bathe him." I mumble.
She pauses. "Does he really not? How does Jungkook handle such rejection? It's his job to do so. If the master's learned of this he would be in trouble."
I sigh and close my eyes. "Yes well, Yoongi has always done it himself. I don't understand how he can be so shy and self conscious. His body is better than mine in my opinion." I admit.
She laughs, pulling her long golden brown hair back over her shoulder as she rinses out the soft washcloth. "I find it hard to believe you just admitted that."
"I can't deny the truth. I've seen Yoongi naked as well as Jin. Both could most definitely come to par with my own. It's just a simple fact."
"Mhm hm." She chuckles.
"Rose?"
"Yes?"
"Have you ever been out of the sanctuary?"
She pauses in her ministrations. "N-no. I've always wanted to. I guess I'll be able to leave soon after your mating. It's scary, the thought of leaving my home here but also an adventure. I'll miss IU, though." She sighs.
I squeeze her hand. "I think you should tell her. You might be surprised by her answer."
"She can never leave here and get a mate, Jimin. As head beta her place will always be here to oversee the others. Her position refuses her a mating."
I frown. "That doesn't seem fair. You two would make excellent mates." I smile. As she giggles and it lights up her entire lovely face. "You know...you'd make an amazing omega." I tease.
Flustered, lowers her gaze. "No. I wasn't given the gift of such a standing. You're very lucky, Jimin. You have so much to look forward to."
I frown again, thinking over Yoongi's words. I'd never admit it but they got to me. Perhaps I have thought about more. More than waiting hand and foot on a strange alpha, unable to deny him claiming me and filling me with pups.
Perhaps I do want something more than an unemotional mating. Detached. I want love. A real love. Something that doesn't exist to us. Betas get that. They can love and choose a mate freely. That's truly the unfairness in life and Rose doesn't even see it. If only we could switch places...
      "Jimin?"
      "Hm?" I hum absentmindedly as I splash around the bubbles and flower petals in the large bathing pool.
      "Are you scared?"
      My head snaps up and I look at her in surprise. "S-scared? Why would I be scared? I'm to be pampered and cherished by my future alpha and given the gift of birthing his pups. Why ever would I be scared?"
      She stares intently into my eyes, almost baring my entire soul to her so I lower my gaze to avoid exposing myself. I am scared. This burden placed upon my shoulders—all of our shoulders. It's difficult to live up to such high expectations.
      "Well I'm scared." She admits, trailing her fingers through the warm water.
     I tilt my head. "Afraid of being without me, hm?"
      She smiles. "Maybe. You and this place are all I know."
      My smile trembles. Yes, this place is a comfort. Not like the unknown coming down on us soon. Very soon.
      As a matter of fact, our matings are coming up. In a simple matter of days.