Modern Hero

(A/n: Please don't compare my work to boku no hero academia/my hero academia. Please read my work as I originally created it without bringing up another person's work. All bnha comments will be deleted.)

Ch.1

They declined you. There goes another failed auditioned. In a world where having a super power is the norm, everyone tries giving their shot at being a super hero. That includes you. It's been your dream to make the world a better place since the moment you found out you had powers. Hell, it's everyone's dream to be a hero in this world. Having powers or that dream didn't make you special. The world is used to seeing people flying in the sky or people with fire coming out of their hands. You felt like the only thing that could make people stand out was their powers and yours did just that. There was one main problem with your power that gave you the same answer every time you tried out for a hero company.

People thought you had a villain like power.

In your opinion, they couldn't be more wrong. Sure, it sort of gave off those vibes but any power could be a bad power. It always depends how the person who owns it uses it. Your auditions typically lasted less than a minute since your power was easy to show. Plus, it was easy for them to tell you no. Most companies don't want heroes with powers like these. It's not even that bad! What's your power? By the moment you were born, you were gifted to create weapons from out of your own body. This power of yours wasn't discovered until you were a preteen in middle school. It came as quite the surprise, but you were so excited. Immediately you began to show it off to everyone you could as kids do. Then there was a pattern you noticed among your peers and adults. Something about randomly forming a gun from your hand is off settling.

That, you won't judge them for. It was pretty dumb of you to keep creating guns just to demonstrate your powers. All you had to do was think of the weapon and it would form somewhere around your body. Knives and guns would appear from your hands, but anything bigger would most likely come out from your torso. There are limits to what you can create so you're not entirely dangerous. You can't create weapons larger than your own body so no tanks are coming out of you. Another minor con about your power is that you can't create weapons on an empty stomach or on low energy. You need to have those to make your power count. Despite all that, you still think your power is cool! Because it is! You may not be able to form random objects, but you can definitely create stuff to protect yourself and others which is pretty neat.

That never sways them though. All you're left with is a bunch of random guns you create. Maybe you should create a knife in your next audition? That might go easier with them. They're clearly not a fan of the guns. Even when you tell them that you're good at fighting up close, they still deny you. How many heroes can say that? Most of them are long distance and have to learn the hard way. You've already got some fight skills on you that can be improved if they take you on as a trainee. For one thing, you're a quick learner! And you're sure as hell filled with determination! You have a sense for justice that some heroes don't have. Let's be honest. Some heroes are only heroes for the money and fame. They enjoy going on talk shows after getting lucky by beating one major villain. You'll never be like that.

Cube Powers was currently ending your audition. Did it really go that bad? You tried to remain positive as they spoke down to you. It would be really easy to get bitter, but when you have a villain like power, getting angry can mean horrible things for you. It's unfair. Life hasn't treated you kindly with this power but you're going to be a hard worker! They just don't know what kind of hero you'll be. All they judge is your power without follow up questions. One day you'll become a hero who's an inspiration to a lot of people. Sadly, today is not the start of that dream.

"Are you sure you don't want to see me create more things?" You asked in one last, shameless attempt. Desperation has become your second name at this point. You weren't all that high and mighty. No, you weren't afraid to beg. "Please, I can show you what else I'm capable of!"