Without a Leader

Ch.55

??? P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I sat in the cold room, not really admiring my surroundings. The large windows were more broken than open. Heavy gusts of wind enter, moving dust around. I sat on a metal balcony with my legs dangling. Anytime I moved the metal would creek. As if it would break at any second. And I could get badly hurt. The idea made me chuckle. I didn't fear death. Instead I greeted it warmly with my unbeating heart. Though it wasn't going to happen to me any time soon, I invited others to experience it. How fun is that? Ironic too. Something others pushed on me has become true and has consumed my life. I'm sure my features give off the impression that I've escaped from my coffin. I know that.

But I'm very much alive. A small giggle escapes my lips that were pale. My skin was a lot paler than my brother's. He had a light tan. Ones with life, pink lips, and glowing eyes. Then there was me. Icy lips, lifeless eyes, and glassy skin. My veins were so visible that sometimes I would spend hours staring at them. An interesting shade of blue they were. Reaching my hand out with a sigh, I let some of the sun light hit my skin. It was a feeling I wasn't used to. Even when I had a job, I stayed inside under dim lights. I used to work in business in HR, filing papers and not really caring about the workers. Then once my identity got revealed to the public, I stopped showing up. Can't really do that now.

I can't do anything anymore. All I can do is sit and wait for my precious toys to arrive. Though they aggravate me to no end, they excite me. As if my heart can possibly pump for me again. Then when I found out where they hid, things surprisingly came easy. How lucky am I? It seems fate wanted us to be together. The eight children and me. My brother worked at their company as their own private doctor. So that's what he's been up to? I wouldn't know. We stopped talking to each other completely when we were sixteen. Then the people who raised us kicked him out when he was nineteen. They were suspicious and acted on their ignorance.

Parents is such a nasty word. I'm not a fan of the concept. Anyway, my brother hasn't been in my life for years. I stopped contacting our 'family' after they kicked him out too. They were annoying and a waste of my time. Besides, they found me creepy. Sorry? Not that I care. The concept of Mother and Father never sat well with me. I only saw them as ways to survive. Then my brother was mainly an accessory. When our 'parents' did care about the both us, they would dress us in the same outfit. For some reason, they loved confusing the hell out of people. I hated it. For the longest time after sixth grade, my brother genuinely tried to like me. He gave up. Clearly.

But I do have to say, out of everyone in our family, I liked him the best. Maybe because we were twins. It's a bond. One that made it so easy to use him. While other criminals try so hard to hide their tracks, I can easily throw my brother under the bus by showing my face. It worked for less than a day. Little rats. They somehow still gave trust to my brother and even brought him to me. It stung surprisingly enough. It was the most infuriating moment in my entire life. They weren't easily deceived. It didn't make sense to me. We share the same d*mn face! I even wore his d*mn make up! Anything to trick them!

Well, almost anything...

*~*

Dear brother, forgive me so. I don't care if you do...As long as you let me borrow your identity. We have the same face anyway. We're one. Does it really matter? I grin as I watch him struggle to keep his eyes open. Poor Donghyun. Never really was good at holding his poison. Technically it wasn't real poison. It's just going to keep him asleep for a few days. It shuts down the body and makes it look like they're almost dead. Neat, right? Donghyun's glare weakened on me. He had fallen off the couch to attack me. Can't really do that on the floor, can he? His movements were growing slower while I stayed seated. Cozy little apartment he has here. It is a bit dusty though.