A Hero's Smile

Ch.35

Hoseok's P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Surprisingly, my heart wasn't beating as fast as I thought it would be. I knew I had to remain calm so it felt like I had a layer keeping all my true feelings hidden. Just like everybody else, of course I was scared. I get scared all the time. But I can't let that stop me from being a hero. Seeing people trembling in fear caused me more pain than a bullet ever would. I had to do something about this and I made my choice when I stayed in here. I could easily run out of this building like I was never here, but I wouldn't. That would haunt me for the rest of my life. Being a hero is what I've worked so hard to be. To me, it's not a dream. It's a reality I'm so close to reaching that I can practically feel it.

"Faster! We got a crowd outside!" The robber cocked the gun.

Police were speaking through speakers, but all their words were getting ignored. The woman putting the money into the bag began crying as the gun pressed against the temple of her forehead. I hate this. I hated this so bad. There's no way I could ever sit still and watch this happen. Moving my body out of the corner I hid in, I could just imagine Namjoon telling me not to do this. He was like my moral compass. He put more logic into things than I did. I used my heart more than my head unlike him which sounds conflicting, but I think it makes us a perfect team. I think about him often in moments like these. What would Namjoon do? He's a huge reason to why I'm a trainee at Big Hit Power. Though he wouldn't like me doing this, I had to. Namjoon would understand. I just knew—I stopped moving.

A chill ran down my spine. It felt like something moved through my left shoulder. It wasn't cold, warm, or anything. It was hard to explain but I felt it. My thoughts were all over the place, but I couldn't help landing on one conclusion. Was that Namjoon? But he's not dead. He does have astral projection though. Peeking through the corner of my eye, I didn't see anything. That was to be expected. I still felt a smile grow on my face. Did he come all the way here because he was worried? That clumsy idiot has such a big heart. I wish people would stop calling him a robot. Something about knowing Namjoon was watching me gave me confidence. I'll make him proud and show him that I can be a great hero. These people won't have to worry any longer.

*~*

"Put the gun down!" I shouted.

"You put your gun down first!" Woojin kept his sweaty hands pressed together, his index finger pointing at me. Shiwoo was 'tied up', sitting next to the large rock in Woojin's backyard.

"Save me!" Shiwoo begged.

"No talking!" Woojin complained. I took the chance to quickly run behind him and push him to the ground. Woojin was taken by surprise but laughed. Once both our bodies were on the ground, we began wrestling. I had to take down the villain to save the hostage. I was about to win until the two of us noticed Shiwoo standing above us with food in his hands. "Shiwoo! You're not supposed to move!"

"Yeah, you're tied up!" I pouted, getting off of Woojin.

"Sorry...but your Mom has food ready." Shiwoo frowned.

"She did?" Woojin grinned. "Eomma!" He ran inside. I went chasing after him and Shiwoo yelled at us to slow down. He didn't want to drop the food in his hands, but he also didn't want to be alone.

I was at Woojin's house playing heroes and villains. It was such a fun game to play. Shiwoo always got to be the hostage, Woojin was always the villain, and I always got to be the hero. I couldn't imagine myself playing anything else. We were having a lot of fun playing that it almost felt like it was Woojin's birthday, but that passed a month ago. We're seven until I turn eight this February. It was so exciting to become a year older. It meant that I'm closer to getting my powers. Both of my parents have powers as well as my older sister. She's had hers for a year now and keeps flaunting it in front of my face. It makes me really jealous that I tell on her to Mom and Dad. That usually gets her to stop for a while.