Safe Place

Ch.49

Namjoon got all the trainees together with your help. Taehyung and Hoseok were the only trainees who couldn't make it. They were still recovering. Hoseok would be able join you guys tomorrow. He wanted to come today, but Namjoon didn't want to risk it. There was a lot of bickering between them, but Namjoon won. With his talking skills, he got Hoseok to stay in his bed. Taehyung was beginning to wake up at that point. All of you told him to rest before leaving. It took a while to find everyone. Jungkook was in his dorm, Jimin was taking a bath, and Seokjin was in the cafeteria. Yoongi took the longest to find. He wasn't with Hoseok or Taehyung. It made you worry if Yoongi felt embarrassed to walk in on the two of you. Hopefully that wasn't the case.

It turns out that Yoongi went to the place Namjoon and you first left. Yoongi was bothering Hoon-ssi and refusing to leave. It was really cute to see. Hoon-ssi complained about how much of a child Yoongi was. When Namjoon and you came to collect him, Yoongi said he felt too tired to go out. Then Hoon-ssi gave him a lollipop. That seemed to magically do the trick. Yoongi took the lollipop and followed the both of you back into the training room where the others were waiting. Seokjin was comforting Jimin and Jungkook by hugging them. Only Jimin appeared to appreciate it while Jungkook was trying to escape. Yoongi smirked as he walked over to them, putting the candy in his mouth as he crumbled up the wrapper.

"So what were we called here for?" Seokjin asked. He was doing his best to keep Jungkook in his arms.

Unfortunately, the maknae was too strong. He got out but got a hug from Yoongi. This time, the brunette didn't fight. He sighed and stayed with his hyung. It's fair to say that Seokjin looked quite offended. Jimin only got hugged tighter in return as the eldest huffed. Namjoon stared blankly at them before letting out a light chuckle. You looked over at him, a twinkle in your eyes. The rest of the boys turned over to Namjoon. Their faces weren't shocked, but they were smiling back at him. For once, Namjoon was smiling back at them. It was small, but enough to show his adorable dimples. It made you so proud of him. Too bad Taehyung and Hoseok couldn't be here to see this. You're sure that Hoseok has seen that smile more than you ever have, but now Namjoon was showing it to everyone. This was the most progress you've ever seen from him.

"What's got you so smiley, Hyung?" Jimin's eyes turned to lines.

"It's just...hard to explain." Namjoon looked down in embarrassment.

"It feels refreshing to see you like this, Namjoon. I don't think I've ever seen you smile," Seokjin admitted. Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck, glancing at you to see your reaction. You were staring at him with biggest smile possible. It was obvious that you were the most excited for this. His entire face became red as he looked away from you.

"This is what I'm talking about!" Yoongi threw his fist up. "I requested this how many months ago?"

"...yes, you did. I hope it doesn't disappoint." Namjoon let out another chuckle. Jungkook began to laugh too, wrinkles forming at the sides of his eyes.

"Definitely worth the wait," Yoongi said. Namjoon was speechless. He lifted his head up to look at them. He had to clear his throat and change the subject. This type of attention was too much for him.

"W-Well, I wanted to tell all of you that we will be returning to the same hiking trail. We didn't finish our business with Kyungwoo and his friend," Namjoon responded. The others nodded silently as he rubbed his hands together. "I believe it's still possible to defeat them without Hoseok and Taehyung."

"You think so?" Seokjin let go of Jimin. Jungkook was released from Yoongi too. Namjoon nodded his head at them, his expression showing a hint of nervousness. It wasn't as much as he showed you alone. Or as much as he showed only to Hoseok. But it was enough to make the rest of the trainees feel determined not to let their leader down. "If you think we can then I know we can!"