Improving

Ch.29

Dr. Ahn visited you first thing in the morning. After sleeping, you woke up feeling a lot better. You didn't expect to see Dr. Ahn right away. It made you wonder how the others were doing. They had it better than you except for Jungkook. He still had some burns here and there. After a simple checkup, Hoon-ssi came into the room holding your pink uniform. Before you completely fell asleep, Namjoon asked you to change out so Hoon-ssi could make adjustments. You were tried but you would do it. Namjoon blushed and froze when he saw you changing in front of him. Then it occurred to you in your smoke-filled brain that you probably should wait for him to leave the room. Nothing Seokjin hasn't seen though. So you changed out and gave your uniform to Namjoon so he could hand it to Hoon-ssi.

Though all of you inhaled a good amount of smoke, Dr. Ahn said you guys would be fine. That's all you wanted to hear. The idea of staying indoors already made you want to scream. All of you just need to rest for a day or two. Then you'll be back to fight alongside the other trainees. This time you'll do better so you won't mess up like you did yesterday. You let Vincent get in your head about your power. He only said one thing about it, but that was enough to make you just stand there like an idiot. Just thinking back on it made you cringe. It was hard to sit still. How could you let him say that and get away with it? Dr. Ahn didn't say anything when he saw you making a heavy pout. It wasn't at him or Hoon-ssi. You were just upset with yourself.

The words Vincent said were purposely cruel. He did that to distract you, so why couldn't you shake it off? To be honest, you've heard similar things already when you were younger. It came from annoying classmates or rude neighbors. You've bottled up a lot of the things they said, but now you felt like the bottle was getting full. It's only going to get worse once you debut as a solo hero. People aren't going to trust you. They'll either see you as a murderer even if you don't kill or as a cop who can just make their own guns. What good are you? You weren't a fan of these thoughts this early in the morning. Anytime they showed up, you would always shove it away and distract yourself. There was nothing you could do so you wanted someone to do the distracting for you.

"I'll go check on Jungkook. Take care." Dr. Ahn left the room.

"Thank you." You bowed your head lightly before turning to face Hoon-ssi. He had your pink uniform washed and folded in his hands. How sweet of him.

"Hello (F/n)." Hoon-ssi smiled. You grinned at him, about to respond until he threw the uniform at your face. You fell back into your pillow and stared at him in shock.

"What was that for!?" You frowned.

"I worked all night on each uniform to make sure they could handle high temperature. Some of the seams melted and that was a b*tch to fix! I also handmade special bandanas that could be as reliable as the uniforms! You're welcome!" Hoon-ssi huffed.

"...thank you," You mumbled. You looked down at the uniform in your lap, rubbing your thumbs into the fabric. You could tell Hoon-ssi worked on these with his blood, sweat, and tears. There were bags under his eyes which made you feel bad. Having him help you guys in this way could get him fired, but he did it anyway. Hoon-ssi sighed heavily once you made eye contact with him again.

"Do you know how annoying it is to get worried over you guys? It makes me feel old. I get wrinkles and my hair gets greyer!" Hoon-ssi roughly sat down on your bed, crossing his arms tightly. Your lips twitched as a smile showed on your face. "I don't even have kids of my own, but I feel like I have eight running around. If it's not one thing, it's another! Why can't you guys get hurt less?"

"We're working on it." You giggled. "Thank you for worrying though, but we have it under control. Namjoon is taking care of all of us."

"And I'm supposed to trust that boy?" Hoon-ssi scoffed.