A New Era of Heroes

Ch.65

Reaper's court case was scheduled at the end of the month. That meant there was still a lot of time to try and propose a new law. Namjoon handled most of the business, explaining it to you guys as simply as he could. Jungkook was the only one who could probably keep up with him. Namjoon also made sure to simplify it even further for whenever you guys were struggling to wrap your brains around something. Basically, Namjoon took care of the bill proposal. He sent the letter already without Hoon-ssi knowing. Dr. Ahn and Bang PD had no idea that you guys were trying to pull some extra stunts.

It's for the best. If they found out what you guys were planning to do, they would probably think you guys were crazy. Bang PD would want all of you to stay out of the news already and keep a low profile. Not anymore. That wasn't going to happen. Each of you have gotten your fair share of the spotlight. The media certainly wasn't going to stop talking about you guys. Once Reaper's trial comes around, you guys will be brought into the news again. It's inevitable. People were already saying that you guys made history. This was going to be the most famous villain case ever. No one could deny that fact.

Jungkook had read Namjoon's proposal and said a bunch of things about it. In the end, the thing was good. For some reason, you zoned out when things got technical. Taehyung seemed to do the same thing as you. Jimin had to nudge the two of you to focus multiple times. Jungkook told you guys that he didn't know too much about laws and court cases. He only knew the basics from his father. Namjoon was raised to be a lawyer and knew exactly how to play his cards. In other words, he wasn't too worried about getting this law passed and convincing the judge to let Reaper get the vaccine as his sentence instead of capital punishment.

"So how long is it going to take for this sucker to become a law?" Jungkook crossed his arms, raising a brow at the leader.

"At the quickest, ten days—"

"Perfect."

"—excluding weekends," Namjoon finished.

"What!? That's too long!" Jungkook whined. "We need to give this guy his shot already!"

"This isn't just a flu shot, Kookie." Yoongi wrapped his arm around him. "This bill is going to change a lot of things."

"How much do you want to bet the superhuman rights activists are going to go crazy on our @sses?" Seokjin chuckled.

"Hopefully, they don't." You shrugged.

"I wonder if they'll boycott," Taehyung said out loud. The idea immediately made Namjoon frown. He wasn't a fan of that idea. He didn't want to make a commotion out of this bill, but how would it be able to be a secret? It's going to be all anyone will be able to talk about if it gets accepted.

"Don't jinx it!" Jimin pouted.

"I'm sure everything will be fine." Hoseok smiled. He was extremely calm, petting Jimin's head before he looked over at his friend. "Right, Joonie?"

"I believe so." Namjoon sighed. Everyone began to calm down at that point. At least the trainees who were nervous. There were some who were more than ready to joke around about it. Seokjin had gotten used to Yoongi's humor. The two of them were laughing hard, making up a fake scenario about how Yoongi will have to save the eldest from crazy boycotters. You chuckled, softly shaking your head at them. For the most part, you were working on keeping the three musketeer's patient and happy. Namjoon smiled softly at everyone until his phone began to ring. He apologized, taking a step back and bringing the device up to his ear. "Hello?...Yes, I am Kim Namjoon."

Your brows knitted together as the conversation continued. Yoongi and Seokjin stopped messing around. They became quiet as the call continued. It sounded serious and you could tell by Namjoon's change of friendly expression. His face showed that he had raised a wall up which he still tends to do with strangers. Taehyung ran up to Namjoon, curiously listening as much as he could into the call. The silver hair tried pushing the boy away, but Taehyung only ended up wrapping his arms around the leader like a koala. Hoseok chuckled, shaking his head as he came to Namjoon's rescue. Taehyung was quietly screaming for Hoseok to let him go as he was plucked off.