Recruited

Ch.2

It's surprising how quickly people can become friends with each other. Yoongi and you spent the entire day together simply getting to know one another. The two of you finished up in the café before going out into the city. He didn't have anywhere to be and neither did you. The both of you walked around the city talking about whatever came to mind. There were already a few things you were able to pick up about Yoongi. His traits made him come off a sarcastic and cold in the beginning. It didn't take long to realize that he wasn't a rude person. Well, he doesn't try to be. You figured he was mainly bitter about how the world sees heroes and how they boxed him as a villain. You were bitter too, but he wasn't afraid to let the world know.

Yoongi was someone you could relate to. He only handled things differently from you. He was less afraid to take risks which was admirable but also made you extremely worried. Though the world needs a new definition of what it means to be a hero, you didn't want to see Yoongi getting imprisoned for not having a company. Seriously, the laws are so frustrating. It's not only the laws though. Hero companies are so judgmental. Everyone wants to be a hero so you understand why they're picky. They want the best heroes out there saving lives and stopping crime. Your main problem was the fact that they shut you down every time you demonstrated your powers. It made you upset and tempted to take Yoongi's offer. You're done with hero companies! They don't mean sh*t and you'll do what you want!

But then there's that little voice in the back of your mind. It's telling you how there's so many companies out there that one of them has to take you. If possible, you'd like to be a hero without risking your freedom. Five years in prison for disobeying the super human laws did not sound fun. That's where you currently stand. Yoongi gave you an interesting offer, but you didn't know what you wanted. The law-abiding citizen inside of you doesn't want to do anything illegal. Then the dreamer hero inside of you is ready to start saving the world! You haven't been able to make up your mind about the decision. Luckily, Yoongi has been kind enough not to push you to answer. The both of you text each other like normal friends.

"That's kind of terrifying..." You chuckled nervously to see him sending you another article related to villains. It seems like every day there's another villain. Who's causing trouble this time? An unnamed villain has been appearing lately. This isn't the first time he's caused trouble. His power appeared to kill people from the inside without even touching them. The thought of having such a power as that made your stomach flip. It's way too powerful. Some heroes have been dropping like flies because of this specific villain. They get autopsies which reveal their heart shut down or their lungs stopped working. It's always something. Shivering, you replied back to Yoongi your thoughts on the matter. As you did that, you heard a loud boom. "What the?" You looked up as the ground started to shake.

Seoul is being attacked. Again. This place was the capital of villain crimes because of the large population. Shoving your phone back into your pocket, you crouch down to the ground as citizens screamed. Lots of people were trying to run as the ground rumbled. The streets were cracking as you spotted the villain causing this. It was a male who seemed to be almost like a cyborg. Some of their body parts were replaced with mechanical technology. They didn't have the power to cause earth quakes so that's good. You looked over the area to see people huddling towards the sides of buildings if they couldn't get away. A crowd surrounded you on the right side of the street. The sirens calling for a hero to help were blasting, but no one was appearing.

Hearing a soft whimper, you looked to the side to see a kid holding onto their mother's leg. Everyone was obviously terrified for their lives. You were good at staying calm in these types of situations. Mainly because you knew that you could take of yourself. Most of these people were powerless, had weak powers, or weren't under a company. The last one was the category you were in, but it was hard to care anymore. Yoongi's right. Why should you have to listen to these laws when these people are in danger and clearly need help? The sirens are calling for heroes, but you don't see a single one. You haven't auditioned for a single company due to Yoongi's request and you have a feeling after this that you're going to accept his offer. Stretching out your hand, you were going to form a gun until someone shut your hand tightly.