Misunderstanding

Ch.48

It was hard to fall asleep. Any time you got the chance to close your eyes, you would only get a few minutes of sleep at a time. It was impossible to rest easy. You kept tossing and turning in your bed. Throughout the entire night, you stared at the ceiling and felt tempted to go to Dr. Ahn's office. That never happened though. Obviously. Somehow your body eventually drifted off from how exhausted you were. Both emotionally and physically. When you woke up, it was way past the usual breakfast time. Your alarm clock didn't wake you up? Not even the other trainees came for you. It made you wonder if the schedule was changed.

The first thing you did was get yourself ready. In case any of you were actually doing anything today. You weren't in the mood to do any training though. The others would probably agree. Exiting your dorm, you didn't go towards the cafeteria as usual. Instead, you made your way to Dr. Ahn's office to check on the two boys who caused your lack of sleep. After everything that happened last night, you could only imagine how the two adults the trainees trusted felt. One of Taehyung's kidneys was completely dead inside his body for no reason. Taehyung is a healthy boy and having an organ do something like that so suddenly wasn't normal. With the news of the Grim Reaper everywhere, you knew they had to have known. Hoon-ssi was ready to get answers out of Namjoon, but he didn't get them.

It made you wonder if Hoon-ssi would be willing to let you guys go out anymore. He had to. Reaper meant business now. He wasn't going to let any of you get away with hurting him. Since all of you were just trainees, it hurt his pride. The Grim Reaper couldn't stand the fact that a couple of undebuted heroes have been able to handle him so far. Everyone he's ever encountered has already died. It felt strange that you've gotten to meet him three times already. One time he didn't bother trying to harm any of you. The first time you guys met him, he didn't take any of you seriously. Then the last time was basically him trying to get rid of you guys once and for all. Except he was doing it almost begrudgingly as if you guys were a stupid chore. That wasn't the case anymore.

The Grim Reaper wanted the eight of you to join the grave he was creating. He's already gotten more than twenty victims. A majority of them were amateur heroes, but a couple of them were famous names. Now he's even got a legend's name on the growing tombstone. He can't keep winning like this and causing Seoul to grow fearful. You continued to walk down the halls of Big Hit, hurrying your pace to the doctor's office. When you turned the corner, you saw Jungkook and Jimin leaving the room. They let out heavy sighs as they closed the door. They had the same idea as you. Were the others in there or did they visit already? You ran up to them and saw the boys lift up their heads to see you.

"(F/n)." Jimin had small bags forming under his eyes. You were the same. Last night was not easy to go through "Are you here to visit Taehyungie and Hoseokie?"

"I am." You nodded with a weak smile.

"They're doing a lot better. Don't worry," Jungkook said. "The surgery went well."

"That's great." Your smile grew a tad.

"We'll see you later, (F/n). We'll let you see them now." Jimin took a step to the side. You thanked them as you opened the door.

Once you stepped inside, you closed the door gently to see Namjoon coming out from Hoseok's side of the room. The curtain was still there to separate the two boys. Namjoon walked up to you slowly with tired eyes. You couldn't imagine how he was feeling. He completely snapped yesterday with the Reaper. You've never seen him get so aggressive before. He's gotten mad and raised his voice, but that was different. He slammed the Reaper down to the ground, not caring if any bones cracked. The Reaper might be a murderous villain, but...where's the line? Villains get what's coming to them. But how far can a hero go before the label villain gets slammed on them too for their actions? It made you worry for Namjoon who made himself a huge enemy of the Reaper's.