Smiles

Ch.20

Jimin's P.O.V.

Why was he looking at me? Did it have to be me? I felt like throwing up right now. Would that gross him out and make him leave? No. He's a villain. He'd probably laugh at me for doing so. That's more embarrassing than anything. I couldn't tell if Jungkook was still staring at me or not. My eyes hadn't left the villain with a red mohawk who claimed himself as Talon. He wanted everybody to know this name he made for himself. His twisted smirk remained as he pointed the weapon Taehyung was previously holding at me. My breathing hitched as he teased me with it. I knew that the 'gun' was useless though. Taehyung and I worked on making it as realistic as possible. In reality, all it's gonna do is spit out confetti and smoke. It was supposed to be used to help Taehyung escape. That was how our fake fight was going to end. Guess things don't always work out the way you expect it to, huh?

People behind me where still crying. It echoed throughout my entire body. To think I was part of the reason they began to cry hurt me. Dad would be so ashamed of me for doing something so stupid. I was so disgusted with myself for being selfish. All I thought was about myself and staying as a trainee at the company. Not about the well being of the citizens here in Seoul trying to peacefully enjoy their free time. They have lives of their own. And I didn't waste a second to think about them. What kind of hero does that? My eyes began to narrow on the villain named Talon. Fear was still in my body to have a real-life villain so up close. He was standing above everyone and had no limits. Just like Grandpa had once said, villains won't care if I cry. They couldn't care less if I died. My whole body was shaking with nerves at the thought of such a mentality. Talon hovered a finger over the trigger as my face grew hot. I was doing my best to suppress a panic attack in the middle of all this chaos.

Slowly, I brought myself up onto my two feet. I refused to glance over at Jungkook or check if Taehyung was fine. All my focus and attention was going to stay on the villain to make sure he can be taken care of. Talon raised an amused brow at my action. Without warning, he pulled the trigger and stumbled back in surprise. Confetti exploded everywhere, falling down to the ground while the white smoke made Talon hard to see. His coughs were heard as I felt my body begin to move. I jumped as high as I could while being light like a feather. I managed to get a hold of a ledge and jump onto the roof. Talon had shis eyes shut as the smoke cleared, waving his hand back and forth. He still hadn't realized I was here so I quickly hid behind him. Talon growled at the gun and threw it to the side the second he was fine. He looked down and tensed up to see that I had disappeared. So I took my chance and pushed him over the edge.

"The f*ck!?" He shouted as he fell over. His arms waved around to grip onto something.

Jungkook stood up on his feet as I got up on the edge. Before I could lightly return to the ground, Talon quickly balled himself up. When he hit the ground, my mouth gaped open. The ground crumbled underneath as if he weighed a ton. Jungkook instantly got into fighting position while I stayed shocked. Talon managed to get up without a scratch. Is that his power? I jumped off the edge, landing like a flower petal. Talon stared at me with an increased interest. Licking his lips like I was prey, he immediately charged at me with his fist. Seeing him come at full speed made my blood run cold. The punch hit my stomach and I flew back. There's no way a normal human would be able to hit that hard. It felt like I had 1,000 pounds thrown into me. The hit was going to make me crash into a store so I acted quick despite being in utter pain. I went through the store wall as if it never existed. That way I didn't do damage to the store, but I ended up crashing into a pile of clothes anyway.

"..o-ow..." I winced. It was hard to breathe from that hit. This was so terrifying. Did I break anything? Am I going to be okay?

Propping myself up onto my elbows, I heard a gentle whimper. An old woman was crouched under a table. She covered her head with her hands, muttering repetitive prayers. It reminded me to go back out there. It's better for me to get hurt than them. Though it hurts like a b*tch, I got up and stumbled out of the store. I'm going to be a hero in the future. I'm going to debut with the boys no matter what under Big Hit Power and make my family proud! This is my dream now no matter what anyone says! Breathing heavily, I witnessed Jungkook trying to hold off Talon as best as he could. Jungkook was locking hands with the mohawked male, trying to push him back. Talon grunted as the ground beneath him began to crack slightly. It was hard to tell whether it was his power or Jungkook's insane strength. Jungkook gritted his teeth like he was giving this his all. His veins popping out wherever skin was exposed.