Rules and Friends

Ch.8

"I don't k-know how to control it."

Those are words you never thought you would hear from Taehyung. A Big Hit Trainee who's been at the company a lot longer than you. How did he get accepted if he doesn't know how to control his power? Do the others know? Then the sentence kept bothering you. What does he mean by he doesn't know how to control it? You weren't sure if he meant that once he started using it, he had trouble taming it or if he literally didn't know how to use his powers. How is this possible? Knowing Namjoon, you wondered why he had brought Taehyung into this company like this. Taehyung seemed to be treating it like a secret so how did he get here in the first place? While that question was frustrating you, you couldn't dwell on it forever.

Taehyung started crying and apologizing profusely. Seeing him suddenly break down in front of you was heart breaking. He didn't have anything to apologize for. Since his sobbing was getting louder, you ushered him inside of your room. Technically, no boys are allowed inside a girl's room but you're sure they'll understand. Taehyung needs to be comforted. First you'll get him to calm down so he can explain everything and you'll try your hardest to help him. As a fellow trainee, you felt it was your duty to help if he was in need. The boy sat down on the carpeted floor with you. His back was hunched as he continuously rubbed his eyes. Rubbing his back, you did your best to give him comforting words. Something to hopefully calm him down.

He didn't say anything after a minute of crying. Originally, he was babbling nonsense but you got him to stop talking. After that was done, you instructed him to take deep breaths in and out. This wasn't how you planned to spend your free time. Out of all people to confess this to, he told you. Probably because you caught him struggling to start his power but it's not like you knew what was actually going on. Still, he's probably been wanting to get this off his chest to someone. You accidentally finding him in the training room was a start for him. Taehyung's tears had stopped. He sniffled loudly, his nose bright pink and his lips still trembling slightly from all the emotions.

"Are you ready to talk now?" You asked softly.

"I think so..." Taehyung nodded, taking in a shaky breath. "I u-usually practice in the training room at night. Nothing ever happens though."

"Do you have a power?" You tilted your head.

"I-I do! It's...my five senses." Taehyung nervously fidgeted with his fingers. "You know sight, smelling, hearing, touch, and taste?"

"Yeah." You nodded as he did his best to explain.

"Well...mine are heightened, er, can be heightened at least." Taehyung shrugged. The power itself left you impressed. Something like that could be extremely useful. "The thing is...my power appeared really late. I thought I was powerless for the longest time, but it suddenly came to me."

"So you're inexperienced with your power?" You said to see him open his mouth. Taehyung was going to say something but let out a frustrated groan instead. His relationship with his power was complicated. On top of all that, he was set to be in a team of heroes very soon.

"Basically. It comes to me randomly. It never appears when I want it to and when it happens, I can't control it." Taehyung frowned. "The only reason I got into Big Hit was because my power came at the right time for Namjoon and Bang PD to witness."

"I see. That's tough. And I'm assuming the others don't know your struggle with your own power." You crossed your arms to get a sheepish nod from the boy.

"It's not fair..." Taehyung grumbled. "I always wanted to be a hero, but I didn't have powers. I was okay with even becoming a police officer. Then it turns out I am gifted but my powers only show up when they know something important."