Training

Ch.5

Even though alarm clocks do their job, you're not as grateful as you should be. Hearing its annoying screech makes you want to create a sledge hammer to destroy it with. The only thing stopping you from doing so was the fact that it was a company gift. Slamming your hand on the 'off' button, you would have to settle for that. You rubbed your eyes as you groaned. What time is it? Lazily looking around the room, your heart almost jumped out of your chest. Panic scrambled through your body to wake up in an unfamiliar setting. Since you weren't completely awake, your mind took longer than you would like to admit in remembering where you were. The second you did, you got out of bed feeling excited and nervous.

You're a Big Hit trainee and today is your first day. Jungkook and you have a few minutes to get ready, eat breakfast with the others, and then the two of you would start training separately from the rest. Before the day has even begun, you were running around your room wondering if you should wear something athletic or not. Do they care? Or will they give you a uniform? Time was not your friend. It forced you out of your dorm in casual clothes. Hurrying out of your dorm, you spotted Jungkook talking with Taehyung and Jimin. It seems like those three have gotten a close bond already. They already appeared like close friends.

Entering the cafeteria with the others, you spotted the older trainees already at their favorite table. Seokjin was calmly eating his breakfast, listening in to the story Hoseok had to tell. Hoseok had a lot of energy in him despite it being so early in the morning. Namjoon sipped his coffee, occasionally responding to the story. When Seokjin saw you guys entering, he gave the four of you a giant grin. The three boys in front of you got their food first. Since you were quietly trailing behind them, they were all shocked to see you out of nowhere. Namjoon had nodded in approval to himself as you guys came to sit down.

"Why didn't you say something?" Taehyung pouted. "You could've joined our conversation!"

"I didn't want to interrupt." You shrugged.

"You should interrupt." Taehyung insisted, making you giggle.

"We don't want to leave you out." Jimin smiled softly.

"You won't be interrupting anything important. Trust me." Jungkook chuckled.

"I love this." Hoseok sighed happily. "We're all getting along so well!"

"It is nice that none of our trainees so far have had problems with one another." Namjoon set down his cup of coffee.

"Guys, it's (F/n) and Jungkook's first training day!" Seokjin waved his hands around. "This is important! How do you guys feel? Are you ready?"

Seokjin looked over to you guys, happy to hear any kind of response. Jungkook nodded his head enthusiastically. Hoseok then started talking about his first day training. The system didn't use to be as structured as it is now. That's something you picked up on. Big Hit is very organized with how they run things. Everything is perfectly done as if no mistake could be made. Maybe Namjoon helped Bang PD in making the way things are now. He sometimes acts like a Big Hit staff member instead of a trainee. So far, the only staff you've met are the cafeteria workers and Hoon-ssi, but you're still not quite sure on what Hoon-ssi does. He looks like he could be responsible for a lot of things.

All the boys at the table were thrilled for you two. Though your stomach was doing flips, you told them that you were ready to start your first day as a trainee. You've been dreaming of this moment for years but it was hard to actually be prepared. They're getting you ready to become a hero, save lives as well as change them for the better. It's insane that a company can help you do that. Yoongi didn't like that about companies though. He was more for the natural process that created legendary heroes back in the day. You understood his perspective, but you would also reason that the need for companies and hero laws is to regulate the amount of people using their powers. Having someone with a weak power trying to protect people would only endanger themselves and others.