Vulnerable

Ch.62

Jungkook's P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Well?" Mom wasn't giving me a choice. She only wanted this moment to bring me to my senses. As if I would go back with her. Once I left home, I was done with my family! I started living in a motel until I became a trainee. I bought all the furniture for my own room, I'm being fed well, and I work hard. There's nothing for her to worry about. Especially when I'm no longer her son. What happens to me shouldn't bother her anymore. I'm not going to become a puppet to help father's sick dreams.

"I..."

But I was all bark and no bite. It stung my ego to be taken down this easily. All my friends were watching me with sympathetic faces. They wanted to help, but Mom would only shoo them away. They didn't want to make my situation worse. I appreciated that. Mom took a step towards me and I scooted away. Immediately, my back hit the receptionist desk. D*mn it. I knew I had to confront my own mother. I just didn't expect it to be so soon. Or ever if I'm being honest. Glancing at my friends again, I connected my eyes with Namjoon. His eyes were telling me to get up and be strong. To have confidence. Letting out a breath, I began to stand up on my own two feet.

Mother raised an eyebrow at me. I still wasn't looking at her properly. She believed that it would be easy to drag me back to that house. But I'll be d*mned if I don't put up a single fight. Namjoon has faith in me. Yoongi does too. So does Hoseok and Seokjin. Not to mention Jimin and Taehyung. This was my own battle to fight and they knew that. Then (F/n) was glaring so hard at my mother. It almost made me want to laugh. Thanks for cheering me up the last time my mom came to Big Hit, (F/n). I basically went insane last time I heard my mother came to Big Hit. Now I finally have to face my mom instead of running away. How is it that I can face death so bravely, but barely look my mother in the eye?

"I'm not going back with you, Eomma." I finally looked my mom in the eye. I shook my head, planting my feet in the ground. Be confident.

"Jungkook, don't be ridiculous. You're making this harder than it has to be." Mom reached towards me, but I dodged. I was responding and she didn't like it. I wasn't acting the way she wanted me to. She pursed her lips, unsure on what to do next. Now that I wasn't a brainless dummy, she couldn't get her way so easily. "Please, Jungkook. Don't make Hojun keep the car waiting. Your father has had enough of your bratty behavior. You're coming back and—"

"The day I ever become a politician is when the world falls into the hands of flies. I refuse to rot my own character for your own benefit." I scoff. "I can help others how I am now...if I do what you guys want then I'm useless."

"That's not true—"

"It is. I will only embarrass our family and you know it. Pretend you don't even have a son." I sighed. "It's better that way."

"Jeon Jungkook!!" Mom shouted, stomping her feet.

"Don't act like you care..." My eyes pleaded her to make this easy. "Leave. I need to help my team defeat a villain."

Mom's bottom lip was trembling. It was hard to tell whether she wanted to cry or rip her hair out. Either way, she let me go. Namjoon opened the door for everyone to go out of. With a heavy sigh, I was the second to last to leave. Mom refused to go through a door that was being opened through telekinesis. She stared at all of my friends like they were creatures. I was the only exception, but I wasn't so sure of that anymore. She knows I have a power. I wasn't too curious to find out if she told my Dad the news. He probably knew already. Seokjin came up to me, rubbing my back as we walked over to the van that was already parked in the alleyway.