One Last Try

Ch.10

Everyone in the room was panting heavily. Namjoon decided to dedicate this training day to cardio. After stretching and doing ab work outs, he revealed his plans for today. Nonstop cardio. Who does that? It felt fine in the beginning before everything turned into torture. Most of your muscles were burning and aching less than half way through. Luckily, Hoseok brought his speaker to the training room. He was playing his music which made things slightly more tolerable. If you were working out in silence, then you wouldn't have lasted as long. Namjoon made sure to give you guys water breaks, but other than that, there was really no mercy. Even he was feeling the pain of this. He wasn't numb to it so you didn't understand why he would make everyone do this. Then again, you did.

To be a hero!

Or whatever. At this point, you just wanted one free day again. Taehyung and you want to go out in the city to see if his power will react to anything. The problem is that you guys never have the time to do anything. The hectic Big Hit trainee schedule leaves the two of you dead. Barely any energy is left. Even less with the two of you secretly waking up to practice for an hour after midnight. There was still no progress with Taehyung's power. You didn't want to give hope, but d*mn. Nothing? This has been going on for weeks. Taehyung has been getting a little antsy about it. Mainly because another thing that has been going on is Jungkook pleading to fight outside and face the real world. He hasn't dropped it or given up. His determination has only grown.

The reason Taehyung has been getting nervous is because Namjoon isn't fighting back as much as he used to. You doubt he's going to give in to Jungkook's pleas, but you understood why your purple haired friend was panicking. He already needs his powers, but if they go out to handle the real thing, then he's in big trouble. He can't keep this a secret for much longer. Taehyung knows that. Chugging your cold water, you let out an exhausted sigh as you parted your lips from the top of the bottle. That was great. Wiping your mouth, you watched the other boys do the same. All of them were drinking their water bottles like they've been deprived of it for days. Namjoon was in the corner talking to Hoseok and Seokjin. The rest of the trainees huddled around your area, talking about the outside again.

"Should I ask him now?" Jungkook asked the eldest boy in this side of the room. Yoongi opened his mouth, but Taehyung beat him to it.

"No way! He's going to make things worse for us! Everything already hurts!" Taehyung whined.

"Shut up." Yoongi growled. Taehyung immediately closed his mouth. He stared at your friend with wide, scared eyes. This automatically didn't sit well with you. He didn't have to treat Taehyung like that. Now he was taking a few steps back so that he wouldn't be in the circle. "I say keep going."

"Yoongi, can I talk to you? Privately?" You crossed your arms. Jungkook noticed the expression you were making. One similar to a mother scolding her son. He held back his laughter, watching as Yoongi followed you out of the training room in confusion. Jimin talked to the boys as you shut the door behind the two of you. It's one thing having Yoongi complain about Big Hit constantly and avoid making friends. That's something you're willing to tolerate. What's unacceptable is him acting rudely to the other trainees. Specifically, Taehyung. "What the hell was that?"

"What?" Yoongi frowned. "I don't get what you're going on about."

"Why'd you say that to Taehyung?" You sighed. "That hurt his feelings."

"Oh, that? He was saying stupid sh*t. It's not my fault if he's sensitive." Yoongi shrugged. He would have left it at that, but your glare was burning. He sighed heavily, knowing that Taehyung and you have become friends over time. "Do you want me to apologize?"