Operation Persuasion

Ch.9

Training is hard as it is. Namjoon makes sure that everyone works hard. If you don't then you'll surely regret it. It feels like some days are longer due to the training. It's not like anyone wants to get sore just for fun. Namjoon continues to follow the schedule of work outs, stretches, and anything to improve your bodies. More muscle and speed. Stuff like that. Yoongi had the most trouble adjusting since he didn't get any pre-training from Hoon-ssi. He hates waking up early amongst other things. He's sort of a ball of negativity. Lately, he's been calming down but if he gets the chance to complain then he will. Namjoon let's him without starting a fight. Ever since he snapped at Jungkook in front of everyone, he's been quieter during training. Jungkook still asks but all Namjoon has to say to the brunette is 'No' and that's it. Jungkook has proven to be stubborn as a mule though. It'll be interesting to see who gives up first.

Since the schedule is obviously hectic, you're doing your best to keep up. You're dealing with about fourteen hours of training minus an hour of your usual sleep. Taehyung miraculously has no problem, but you have a feeling it's because he badly needs control over his powers. He can't afford to skip one night of training. Sadly, there's been no improvement with his powers. You want just the slightest bit, but nothing. You didn't expect him to suddenly get the hang of it with your help. It's not like you knew what you were doing. Neither does Taehyung. The two of you are just hoping that something works. Something to push him in the right direction. Even if it's just a little bit. He doesn't need to gain full control, but if he was able to gain slight control of his hearing then that's a total win in your book. That would leave the both of you ecstatic!

Currently, the two of you were attempting more things. It was past midnight right now. Everyone was sleeping peacefully in their dorms. None of them had a clue that Taehyung and you had snuck off at night to do secret training in the training room. Luckily, there weren't any staff in Big Hit at this time. The only way you guys could be caught was by the other trainees. They all slept like rocks because of the schedule so thank goodness for that. Taehyung sat in front of you, closing his eyes tightly. You didn't want to blindfold him since you wanted him to focus on feeling with his fingertips. He sat with crossed legs, rubbing his thumbs on two different fabrics. They felt similar but they were different. You just needed him to tell you what they were based off touch.

He's only been taking his sweet time though.

"Hmmm." Taehyung continued to feel them.

"You've been feeling them for two minutes!" You huffed.

"I'm sorry!" Taehyung opened his eyes with a strong frown. "I'm trying really hard to tell the difference, but I can't. They feel the same!" He threw them onto the floor. "I don't understand..."

"...I'm sorry. I shouldn't be getting frustrated at you." You felt ashamed of yourself. Imagine how he feels. Everything is on the line for him.

"No, it's okay. You're almost in my shoes now." Taehyung chuckled softly as he picked up the fabrics again. "I wish I could tell the difference."

"I wish I could be more helpful." You sighed. "Giving you little stuff like this isn't going to magically bring out your power. I don't know where to start." Pouting, you let your shoulders slump down. You promised to help Taehyung and it feels like you haven't done sh*t. Taehyung stared at you with sympathy in his eyes. Shouldn't it be the other way around? He opened his mouth to say something before freezing. His eyes opened wide, his jaw clenching all of sudden. Furrowing your brows to see him grow tense, you waited for him to clear up your confusion. What's going on?

"...N-Namjoon stopped snoring." Taehyung swallowed hard, making direct eye contact with you. His eyes were telling you to hide.

His power was telling him to avoid getting caught. So this is his power in action? You wanted to take a moment to be amazed by his power, but you had to hide. Immediately getting onto your feet, you ran behind a small mountain of mats. Balling yourself up as much as possible, you did your best not to breathe too loud. Taehyung went into a dark corner to hide underneath some equipment. The both of you did your best to be as inconspicuous as possible. The only thing worrying you was the fact that Namjoon had astral projection as one of his talents. He can leave his body and spot you two trying to be sneaky. Taehyung and you would be clueless to it. Hopefully, Namjoon goes back to bed and doesn't enter the training room. The boys might find out Taehyung's problem, but not right now. Don't let it be now.