Disconnect

Ch.53

Namjoon's P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bang PD was speaking to me, but his words sounded like I was underwater. I could feel the pain in my head forming. It felt like someone was beginning to squeeze the sides of my head. Shin Hoon raised his voice at the CEO as I stayed silent. That's all I could do. I froze when they turned to me to hear me speak. What did they want me to say? How could I explain myself? There was no point in doing so. My team would suffer the consequences anyway as well as the company. My words meant nothing anymore. What good would telling my side of the story do? More questions than answers were overfilling my head. Everything in my brain was crowded, but I could handle it.

This is how I always lived. A lot was going through my brain, but I had the power to control it and use it for good. Any average human would go insane with my capabilities, but that didn't mean I never reached me limit. Only a few times have I lowered my guard down. I could feel it happening already. The light pulsing in the back of my head. The way voices were sounding to my ears. My breath hitched to feel myself turning sensitive. It was happening slowly as the situation settled in. So the country had its eyes on us? It was all on my team and I to defeat the most dangerous villain out there? I knew we were capable of it. We could do it...but after everything, will we get a sweet victory? I began to worry about their futures.

My brain let itself split my thoughts. I could imagine what would happen for all seven of my teammates at the same time. They branched out with logical outcomes and I was tensed up. Something was wrong. My pupils were shaking as they normally did when I tried to think to this extent. Bad things were crawling into my head. They weren't plausible or reasonable. Negative thoughts that were giving me strange out comes. D*mn feelings! It felt hard to breathe as I stared at the two men in front of me. Maybe I shouldn't have let myself grow too comfortable. If I hadn't let myself finally feel, then I would be handling this better. I've gotten weak...

*~*

The small creature almost jumped away from me. Furrowing my brows, I went down on my knees to try and catch it. With its small legs, it tried to hide itself under the sand. No! I cupped my hands over it and scooped the animal up. It was a crab. Dusting away the sand, I stared at the white crab with excitement. He's so cute! A smile came on to my face as I jumped up and down. A crab! I finally caught one! I want to keep him! Maybe Mom and Dad will let me. I have good grades at school, so this shouldn't be a problem. Or maybe...never mind. This crab belongs in its true home. The ocean! That's when the crab ran out of my hands. I gasped loudly as it got lost in the sand. Hopefully he didn't hurt himself. That would really suck.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket. Taking it out, I stared at the small square device. It was a text that I got from Mom. She wanted me to come home already. That was a bit annoying. This whole month was filled with studying for school. Even though I'm in elementary school, I'm technically in the best one out there. Mom and Dad force me to get tutored and then study for hours. The tests finally ended so I thought I was free to play again. I don't get to play often. I'm a kid, so shouldn't I be? That sounded like the most logical thing. I see other kids my age playing at the park meanwhile I'm stuck inside with books. Books are fun too though. Don't get me wrong. I just wished I had a balance in my life of both. I should probably bring this up with Mother for some kind of discussion.

The walk back home wasn't going to take long. Traffic didn't look heavy so if I went my normal path, I'd arrive in less than thirty minutes. On feet at least. Though I wasn't going in a cab, I knew how long it would take. I brought my bike though so I knew that would make the walking distance cut in half. People always asked me how I knew this stuff. I just did. Didn't they know how to calculate it? Hopping onto my bike, I road through the town at a nice pace. The only time I had to stop was whenever I was crossing the street. At one of the stops, I saw a kid eat an ant. Scrunching my face in disgust, I continued to ride my way back home. I was six and even I knew not to eat ants off the sidewalk. No amount of protein could convince me to do such a thing.