Genuine

Ch.43

Yoongi's P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's fair to say I f*cked up. I'm honest enough where I can admit that. All I wanted was to cause trouble after royally screwing up. Apparently, that might have only been the tip of the iceberg. It appears that I'm about to be murdered in seconds without anyone awake to hear my screams. This is just lovely. I guess the moon looks nice tonight. Kind of cold though. It's a bit chilly, especially with all the new rips and holes in my clothing. And this time, I did not buy them this way. Mom never really liked it when I bought them already 'destroyed'. Whatever. I like how they look.

My mind kept speaking nonsense. It was the only thing I could do to ignore the fact that my face was about to get burned off. Scrunching my face tightly, I could taste a puddle of blood in my mouth. That sh*t tasted nasty. I was originally going to spit in Baldy's face, but I realized I actually wanted to live longer. I just wanted to get knocked out. Have some sense knocked into me too while they were at it. This wasn't what I wanted in the least. (F/n) and I never got to make up with one another. I haven't apologized to Taehyung yet. (F/n) doesn't know how I truly feel about her. But I don't think if we do get the chance to forgive each other that I will admit such a thing.

There's no way she'll want me. Hopefully, I survive this. I hated the faces Baldy and his friends were making. They surrounded me to make sure I wouldn't run away. Baldy's hold on me was tight, but I gave up trying to run. What was I supposed to do? Keep wasting energy squirming around? No way in hell. I'll figure something out without using my numbing power. That's the only thing I can use at the moment, but I don't want to rely on that one too much. It's the whole reason I'm so f*cked up in the head. I guess society's opinion on my powers also did the job too. Baldy raised his hand, his smirk widening as his hand got closer to my face. F*ck.

*~*

"Play it right, Yoongi." Mom demanded. My fingers were kind of small, but she didn't care. She said with time that they'll stretch out. They'll look long and slender like her fingers. Almost like spiders! Mom didn't like my comparison though. She smacked my head after gasping.

Positioning my fingers at the starting keys, I began to play when Mom nodded. I've been learning the piano for as long as I can remember. Now I'm in third grade and I think I'm pretty good. Mom says I need a lot of work though. Whatever Mom says, goes. I practice hard in front of her. Personally, I think the piano should be relaxing. She makes it so strict though. Her and Dad want me to learn the piano so I don't get into trouble. They don't say it, but I know it. Our town is small and poor. You either barely get by, leave, or go down a bad path in life. That's what happened to my uncle. Dad doesn't like to talk about it. I really liked my uncle, but once he got fired, he stopped coming to our house. From what I overhear from the adults, he got into some bad habits.

That's a shame. Mom tells me to focus on myself. Ignore other people and do what's right for me as well as our family. That's a lot of pressure for someone who's only ten years old. I've told Mom this and she tells me to shut up. Dad finds it amusing every time I talk. I have no idea why, but he always says I'm an adult in a child's body. According to him, that means I'll be successful in life. Mom just thinks that it makes me into a condescending child. Isn't it good to be mature though? At least I'm not doing bad things. Like smoking. I finished playing the piece and turned to face my mother. For the first time, Mom nodded her head with an approving smile. I couldn't help but smile back at her.

"Can I go outside now?" I asked.

"Fine." Mom stepped to the side. I jumped off the stool, running over to slide the doors open. Our backyard was pretty tiny. Only about four adults could fit in this space and that's if you want it to be slightly cozy. Five was beginning to push it. Since I was small, I had a good amount of space here. The only thing that sucked was when Dad would use this place for storage. This place is not for junk!