First Outing

Ch.12

After weeks of begging, Namjoon finally gave in. Jungkook had been constantly pestering him about practicing outside. It was something Jungkook was passionate about. He found it to be crucial to follow the steps of his beloved heroes. The heroes that were now retired but were considered legends amongst everyone today. Yoongi easily agreed with him and helped him out. Slowly, everyone started siding with Jungkook from their own views or after listening to his reasoning. Then there was Taehyung. He simply sided with Jungkook because you did so. Everyone wanted to practice outside so he didn't want to be the only one against it. It would make him suspicious. The others still didn't know.

They didn't know that Taehyung had no control over his power. Since Namjoon had given all the trainees free time until six, Taehyung immediately wanted to talk to you privately. The only place that you could do that was in your dorm. There were more male trainees so it would be safer to go in yours. Right away, Taehyung started ranting about all his fears and frustrations. You listened to everything he had to say. It's possible for him to not use his power tonight, but then again, you don't know what's going to happen. It's not a simulator and the bad guys are real. His panic was completely understandable. You didn't think Namjoon would actually agree to Jungkook's request.

The two of you sat on the floor of your dorm. While you leaned against your bed, Taehyung clutched a pillow tightly in his arms. He was squirming around earlier so you gave him that to make him feel better. It gave him slight comfort to be able to have something soft to either hug anxiously or beat furiously. Nothing can go wrong when it comes to pillows. Taehyung sighed heavily, slamming the pillow down onto his lap. He was doing his best to keep quiet so others wouldn't hear his voice in your dorm, but he had a lot to say. If the two of you are caught, it would be hard to explain. Come clean about Taehyung or have them assume that the two of you are having an unprofessional relationship. Neither of the situations were desirable.

"I still can't do anything!" Taehyung frowned. "They're going to kick me out of Big Hit once they find out, but I don't want them to, (F/n). I want to be a hero. A good one! This is my dream!"

"I know, Taehyung. I don't think they'll kick you out though. I think they'll work with you." You smiled, but he only shook his head.

"No way..." Taehyung played with the corner of the pillow.

"I'll do my best to make sure you don't have to use your power out there. I-I'll protect you and—" You suggested. That wasn't good enough either.

"What if Namjoon specifically requests for me to use my hearing? Smell?" Taehyung gritted his teeth. "D*mn it, I'm sorry for being so negative...I just don't know how I can get myself out of this. Doing the outside practice will be the death of me."

"...what if you go to Namjoon right now and tell him your situation?" You saw his grip on the pillow become loose.

"What?" Taehyung stared at you like you had gone crazy. Maybe so.

It was a huge risk, but it's not like Namjoon had the power to kick Taehyung out. Seeing as he would be Taehyung's leader, you figured he would do his best to help the boy. He could make a believable excuse that the other boys wouldn't question if Taehyung sat out the outside training. It's a scary idea, but you feel like there's no other choice. This is what it has come to. The only thing left to do was come clean and tell the truth. Not necessarily with all the trainees, but to the one where it could possibly benefit him. The only other option was doing the outside training and that only sounded like danger to you. It could possibly lead to all the boys learning about Taehyung's lack of skills. Some might not feel he's capable of being in a team set to debut. His dreams would be set back if Bang PD found out. The more you thought about it, honesty sounded like the right way to go.