Being Heroes

Ch.32

All of you waved to Hoon-ssi as he drove off. The ride ended quickly with everyone jumping out of the vehicle with no patience. Namjoon gave Hoon-ssi a quick wave before glancing down at his phone. He realized he turned it off, lowering it back into his pocket. Namjoon keeps notes on his phone and a bunch of information when practicing outside. Seeing him reach for his phone was nothing out of the ordinary. Taehyung went over to Namjoon, bouncing like a child in front of him. The construction site was across the street. It filled you with anticipation to see what kind of villain would be inside there. Were they strong? Would they have back up?

Before anything could start, Namjoon made all of you get closer to him. Everyone had their bandanas masking them as they walked up to him. He reminded each of you to be cautious and the rules he had set for going outside. It was for safety so none of you gave him attitude about it. Even when he said to not split up from him. Namjoon wanted to stay together like a team, but if the situation got uncontrollable is the only time he would ever want you guys to run. No one liked the idea of that but all of you understood it needlessly. All of you put your hands together in the center as Namjoon thought on what to say this time.

"What's our word?" Hoseok asked.

"Work." Namjoon dipped his hands down on all of yours. "Team—"

"—Work!" The rest of you whisper shouted. Hoseok smiled to see others liking this one better.

Everyone smiled at each other as Namjoon took the lead. He walked in front of you all, calmly walking over to the unfinished building. There were signs of caution and caution tape telling citizens not to enter. Jungkook smirked slightly as he jumped over the tape. Taehyung rolled under it as Jimin just walked around it. The rest of the trainees acted their own way with the tape too. Namjoon used telekinesis to rip it so he could walk through peacefully. Seokjin crouched down with finger guns, acting like he was James Bond or something. Then he jumped over to the tape and winced when he hurt himself. Hoseok shook his head and did a running start before jumping over it. He struck the landing! Though his feet did get buried deep in sand. You walked around with Jimin while Yoongi slowly brought one leg over before bringing the other one too.

Namjoon soon told all of you to stop messing around. It was easier said than done, but eventually all of you were grouped up behind him. He began entering the building that was partly built. It felt like the skeleton of a building. Taehyung wanted to go up the stairs, but Namjoon didn't think it was safe to do so. He let Jimin go over to the stairs first. Jimin could easily walk up the wooden steps without worry, but that's not the reason Namjoon sent the boy on it. The pink hair lowered himself down on the steps to feel it underneath him. After a minute, Jimin stood up and went up one step with his regular weight. He smiled and waved everyone over.

Jimin jumped up to the top of stairs, weightless again. Namjoon let one person go up at a time just in case. He really didn't want to risk getting anyone hurt. You were the first few people to go up. Hoseok was the second to last but kept looking over his shoulder to see how hesitant Namjoon was. The leader placed his foot on the first step and there was a light creak. Seokjin immediately got into fighting position once the noise was made. None of you really wanted another Vincent and Vixen incident again. Luckily, Hoseok didn't want to risk anything. He quickly picked up Namjoon and flashed right next to you to set down his friend. Namjoon cleared his throat and nodded before taking a look around the second floor. Jungkook grinned, tempted go up to the third story.

Yoongi and Namjoon were exploring the second floor just to make sure everything was safe. He didn't want to continue going up only to get attacked from behind. Since he was handling this floor, he told Jimin and Jungkook that they could go up. Yoongi made sure to tell the maknae not to disappoint him. It made the brunette smile, nodding enthusiastically. Everyone knew Jungkook would act right away if he saw a villain. Having Yoongi say that to him would hopefully make him think before acting. You stayed in the clumped-up group that didn't move. Hoseok was stretching his legs, waiting for the chance to move around. Staying still was never his thing. Taehyung was crouched down and thinking about sitting down. He wanted to be ready if anything happened though so he decided against it. Then there was Seokjin who had his arms crossed. He looked handsome with the moonlight hitting him from the back. You got distracted staring until a loud boom shook the building.