|| Author's Note ||

A/n

Well lookie here...look at where we are. It seems we have arrived at the end UwU. Now let me tell you what a WILD ride writing A New Era of Heroes has been. For one thing, dang. I did not expect it to be that long. I feel like I should start apologizing first lol.

Sorry for making this sucker super long.

Sorry for the super crappy court scene stuff. I did research on how to pass laws, change them, trials, and pleading guilty but after a while...I gave up. Aah I got tired and I was like 'You know what? Reader can make weapons from her own body. I don't have to be completely accurate' and yeah. I was lazy.

Sorry for...I don't know.

I'm also sorry for not getting to the point. You might want to skip down if you don't care, but I appreciate those who will read me going off on weird tangents lmao.

I'm NOT sorry for pulling the good 'ol evil twin trope.

Now listen, I have an explanation for that. I just want to preface this by saying that Hoon-ssi makes me soft UwU. I didn't expect to enjoy his character so much, but I did and I'm glad y'all began to like him too. Just love him. Yes, I do. Anyway, so my boy is gay and he finds himself a man. We were all proud of him and don't deny it. So I added Dr. Ahn in because he's helpful to the whole secret outing business and I was so excited for their relationship. Reaper is like the big bad boss at the end of a video game. It takes like 25 chapters just to freaking take down the guy, but whatever. Getting back on track, I wanted to spice things up a bit. I was like 'YO. MAYBE DR. AHN IS SECRETLY REAPER' but then I was saddened by that because Hoon-ssi deserves love and I knew dang well that Reaper would feel no love towards Hoon-ssi in that way. Man, I just wanted a gay couple that was just happy together like dang. So I came up with the 'clever' solution to add drama by making Reaper be Dr. Ahn's twin brother. At first I thought I was a complete genius. Never been done before! Envisonary! Extraordinaire! And then I realized it was a famous cliche and that I grew up around so many telenovelas that my butt should have known better. It's literally a classic move.

BUT DUDE, IT PHYSICALLY HURT ME WHEN RECEIVING THE COMMENTS "I THINK DR. AHN MIGHT BE REAPER" LIKE AAGH. I FELT THE PAIN IN MY CHEST. IT WAS SO HARD TO KEEP QUIET FOR THE PATHETIC PLOT TWIST. LITERALLY, I WANTED TO CRY TO EACH COMMENT AND BE LIKE 'NOOOOO, DR. AHN IS SO SWEET AND WOULD NEVER AAAAAA." FOR REAL THOUGH. I WROTE THE CHAPTERS AND I WAS TRYING SO HARD TO GIVE Y'ALL HINTS THAT DR. AHN COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE REAPER. THERE WERE JUST SOME THINGS THAT SIMPLY DIDN'T MAKE SENSE. PLUS, WHEN DR. AHN FIRST WENT HOME HE TALKS ABOUT HIS LOVING RELATIONSHIP WITH HOON-SSI AND LOVING HIS LIFE. THAT WAS A HINT. REAPER WOULD NEVER. THEN "DR. AHN" CALLING TAEHYUNG 'PURPLE' WAS ME BLARING AN ALARM OML. SOME OF Y'ALL CAUGHT ON BUT NOT GONNA LIE, THE PEOPLE ON QUOTEV CAUGHT ON FASTER. IT WAS INTENSE.

So yeah. Not a great reason, but in the end I really like it. Common trope or not, I really liked the story with the Ahn brothers. Not gonna lie, I know more about them than I probably should. There's so many things about them that I didn't mention in the story. Y'all know Dr. Ahn was kicked out the second his parents suspected he was gay. Both Hoon-ssi and Dr. Ahn never flat out state that they're gay, I know, but they are. Plain and simple. I mean...they're in a relationship and state they like men. They just never said gay. That just kind of happened. BUT back to Donghyun and Dongmin (lol), they grew up pretty close until sixth grade when their powers came. Dongmin was getting ostracized by his peers for his powers and Donghyun for his sexuality. Dongmin basically became what Yoongi and Reader had potential in becoming. Someone who had enough of people telling them that they're evil and just snapped. He just grew up in a different generation from Yoongi and Reader. True story.