Secret Teamwork

Ch.36

Hoseok's P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The robber was growing increasingly impatient with the bank teller. He already had the gun pressing against her temple as she sobbed heavily. Her hands were trembling nonstop as she shoved a large amount of money into a bag. A robbery in modern day? I shook my head as I began to stand up on my own feet. The robber had his back facing me. He made the mistake of ignoring his hostages. People who were still down on the floor stared at me, their gaze holding a lot of confusion and fear. Some of them had hope while others didn't want me to poke the sleeping bear. But they stayed still and watched like Namjoon.

It was mainly me guessing that Namjoon was watching. I'd like to think he was here with me. I didn't feel as alone when handling this. I stood behind the robber only inches apart now. The first thing I wanted to do was remove the gun without accidentally hurting anyone in the building. I've never held a gun before. This almost made me wish that (F/n) had taught me how for safety reasons. The idea of accidentally shooting an innocent person made me feel ill. I would do anything in my power to save everyone while also protecting myself. Heroes are supposed to be selfless, but a hero isn't good just because they throw themselves in the line of fire.

People tried to shrink and get lower down on the floor. They were afraid that I would only mess things up. They didn't know what I was capable of. Adrenaline pumped through my veins. I tried not to swallow hard when the gun pressed harder against the girl's head. She dropped the money in her hands, too overwhelmed with fear to function. This was the last straw to the robber who was beyond paranoid. Any minute, the cops could burst in to take him down. Or they would take a different approach and continue waiting. Either way, the robber wasn't willing to risk it. He would kill anyone who gave him trouble. So I caused trouble.

Right away, I used my speed to get the gun away from anyone's head. Grabbing the robber's arm, I raised it up to the ceiling. A bullet had shot out at what felt like a slow speed for me. The bullet was piercing through the air while everything else looked almost frozen. If the gun had shot any earlier, I would have had to beat the bullet in reaching the girl. Not that I even want to think about that. I stopped using my speed, letting my presence be known to the robber. The people on ground either stayed quiet or released gentle gasps. Of course, the only person in the room who wasn't amazed angrily gripped the gun tighter. The robber's eyes were wild and confused. He stared intensely back at me who only smiled in return.

When I smiled at the robber it came off as taunting and teasing to him. My goal was to lower the danger of the situation without revealing my powers too much. I don't want to fill in a report and get Big Hit involved like the three boys did when they had to save people at a mall. The robber grew aggressive as he brought out his fist to punch me. A quick itch went through my body as I stepped back. My grip on his wrist was released to avoid getting hit. That was the annoying thing when it came to my reflexes. I needed to be completely focused in order to prevent them from happening because sometimes you just have to take a punch.

The robber pointed the gun at me, immediately shooting with wildly gritted teeth. I jumped down to the floor at a quick speed. Faster than any human, but not enough to get caught for my powers. I think everyone in the bank at this point knows that I'm not the average human though. There was a lot on my mind as I rolled away from another bullet. Namjoon had to be watching me but he wasn't doing anything. He's letting me prove myself. In the beginning when I first joined the company, I tried so hard to change Bang PD's opinion of me. I didn't want anyone to think I was just there because of Namjoon. Now I don't obsess over it since I know I'm capable of being a good hero. The robber was getting tired of shooting at me and missing. He wanted me gone but couldn't afford to waste any more bullets. What to do?