Track Down

Ch.42

What was that? You were already curled into a ball, clutching your pillow tightly. Yoongi completely blew up at Taehyung. Now your heart was trying to glue itself back together. Taehyung looked like he was trying so hard to be strong. Another sob left your lips as you replayed it in your head. For some reason, you couldn't get it out. The look on Yoongi's face hurt as well. You can't even look at him anymore though. He disappointed you so much. He has the face of someone you love, but the personality of someone you need a break from. Were they even the same people? You shoved your face further into your pillow that had a large tear stain on it already.

After you said your last words to Yoongi, you ran off. You instantly came into your room since that's what you would always do when you were upset. Whenever something at school didn't go right or if you had an argument with your parents. This was how you comforted yourself. Laying in a dark room, holding a soft pillow like your life depended on it. Most of the tears stopped but you still shook at the memories and whined. Your entire face was warm from all the emotion running through you. For now, you had no idea what was going to happen to your friendship with Yoongi. It's not like you can easily avoid him. The two of you are trainees together at the same company. That also means you have to act professionally around him.

But that doesn't mean you have to forgive him. That's going to take a while. With time, you'll let yourself think about accepting an apology. If he speaks to you now, it just might make matters worse. You'll definitely cry a lot more. That's for sure. Squeezing your pillow, you heard a knock at your door. Who was that? Your stomach clenched at the thought of it being Yoongi. He wouldn't actually come to your room, would he? He was held back by Jungkook. That should be something. Lifting your body slightly from your bed, your watery eyes looked at the door. The person behind it shuffled around before clearing their throat.

"(F/n), it's Namjoon." His voice sounded awkward. "I'm gonna open the door but talk to you from outside. Is that alright?" You let out a gentle scoff. He was still following the rules of Big Hit. At the moment, you felt too weak to get out of your bed. All you wanted to do was crawl in a hole and die. This was as close as you were getting. Namjoon opened the door wide and took a deep breath in once he saw your face. How bad did you look? His eyes shifted down to the ground, trying to think of something to say. Did he come unprepared? He was never really good with strong emotions. For some reason Namjoon seemed to struggle with the emotional aspects of life.

"Hello..." Your voice was soft. Namjoon licked his lips as he watched you clean your face. Or at least make attempts to. You tried, but it was still obvious you had cried like no tomorrow.

"I wanted to make sure on how you were feeling." Namjoon stayed by the doorway. "If you were angry or sad...tell me if your mood changes."

"I will." You nodded, playing with the corner of your pillow.

"I want you to feel comfortable here at Big Hit. It wouldn't be good if the atmosphere between Yoongi and you is permanently damaged." Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck. "If that ends up being the case though, we'll make sure to take measures that are suitable for the both of you—"

"Namjoon." You pursed your lips.

"Yes?" Namjoon made eye contact with you. He seemed ready for any type of question. Work related ones at least.

"What are you doing?" You questioned. He was doing his best to make you feel better in his own way. He wanted to assure you comfortability at the company.

That wasn't really what you wanted at the moment. It was slightly frustrating how Namjoon could be clueless in this department. This was a wall that he had to jump over if he wanted to be a great leader. He's fantastic already, but you felt this was the one thing he was missing. Namjoon looked down at his hands in thought. He no longer kept a stoic expression around you which was improvement. Instead of silence, you heard his nervous 'uh' and 'um's. Namjoon fiddled with his fingers as he tried to think of something to say. You weren't in the mood to teach Namjoon a lesson about things he could improve on for his leadership skills. You wanted him to come into your room, sit down on your bed, and hug you. Some sort of comfort.