2

Elijah, Rebekah, Kol and Klaus already packed their things and now Elijah was talking with Klaus in their office.

"Niklaus, you are aware that things in New Orleans changed since we left the city, right?"

"I'm very aware, brother. All this time I had to postpone to get my kingdom because of the bloody curse, now I have broken it, I have my hybrids and I have the doppelgänger."

"About your hybrids... I heard that they broke the sire bond."

"They did. All because of Caroline Forbes." Klaus said.

"What have you done to Miss Forbes?" Elijah asked, knowing very well that Niklaus Mikaelson wasn't forgiving much less when it was something about going against his orders.

"I have to admit that I thought in causing her a life of pain and despair but she wanted to keep her loved ones alive and safe so she ask to make a pact."

"A pact?" Elijah asked because never thought Niklaus would listen twice to a pact, especially coming from one of his hybrids.

"Yes. I keep having my hybrids loyalty and they won't lose the ones they love."

"Are you sure you can trust them?" Elijah asked.

"I don't know about them but I do trust in Caroline's word. She might not do everything I tell her to do but she finds a way to satisfy both parties."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I tested Caroline by telling her that I wanted her to drain the doppelgänger, knowing very well they were best friends and how loyal she is to her friends. Like I predicted, she didn't kill her friend but she did convince the doppelgänger to give me her blood every once in awhile so I can keep having hybrids and this way I can have more blood to make more hybrids." Klaus said with a smirk.

"So... She disobey you and you were alright with it."

"She found another way to give me what I wanted."

"Alright. But just because Miss Forbes is trying to get on your good side, doesn't mean you don't need to worry about the other hybrids."

"I've noticed how loyal they are with Caroline and how they follow her every word. It's like she's their leader and I am hers. Meaning I have control over this whole situation." Klaus said. "Tomorrow, we will be going to New Orleans with Caroline Forbes and Elena Gilbert, get them a room in our house and the rest of my hybrids will live in apartments that are already around the city because I don't want to raise too much attention."

"Brother, you always enjoyed attention."

"True. But I also love a good entrance. Besides, I need to play low at first, until I reunite all the information about what is happening in that city so I can see how I can have it back." Klaus said.

"Niklaus, why is Miss Forbes going to live with us? I do understand Miss Gilbert living with us so you can make sure she won't run away, which I doubt she will do. But Miss Forbes...?"

"Like I told you, Elijah, she is the one the hybrids truly listen to, I need to keep her around to make sure she doesn't start plotting against my family." Klaus said.

"I have to say. It's nice to see you grow up, brother. Two years ago, if someone would do what Caroline did, you'd kill her, her beloved and the remaining hybrids, then started to make new ones but now you're showing forgiveness."

"Brother, don't be fool. I just need to play low at first, meaning no having new hybrids around, who are still learning to control their emotions and their bloodlust." Klaus said and Elijah left.

***

Caroline was at the Salvatore Boarding House with Stefan, Bonnie, Matt, Damon and Elena, so she could tell them what was going on.

"Klaus and his family are moving out to New Orleans." Caroline said.

"Finally we get rid of them." Damon smirked.

"He is making me, his hybrids and Elena go with him." Caroline said.

"What?!" They all said.

"Why do we have to go with him?"

"I made a pact with him. I gave him my word that I and the rest of the hybrids would remain loyal to him and as long as the hybrids and I keep our end of the deal, he won't hurt the people we care about. And he wants Elena because he wants to be sure she won't run away and keep giving him her blood, so he can make hybrids." Caroline said.

"That's crazy. You can't go!" Bonnie said.

"If we go against him, he will kill everyone we care about, he will do the same thing he did to Katherine." Caroline said.

"I'll go to New Orleans, then." Bonnie said.

"I'll go with you." Stefan said.

"Damon, please stay here. I need to know someone is watching over my mom. She tends to get herself in troubles because of alleged animal attacks." Caroline said and Damon nodded.

Quickly after that, they said their goodbyes, Elena, Bonnie and Stefan went to make their bags and Caroline went to her place to make her bags and talk with her mother.

"Sweetie, I'm home!" Caroline heard Liz's voice when she was almost done packing her bags, making Caroline run to downstairs and hug her mother tightly.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Liz asked.

"Mom, I don't know how to say this." Caroline said.

"Sweetie, you're starting to worry me. What is it?"

"I have to move out?"

"What?"

"Klaus is making me, the other hybrids and Elena move to New Orleans with him and his family."

"What?! But he can't do that. You broke the sire bond."

"I had to make a pact of us, his hybrids, remaining loyal to him so he wouldn't hurt the people we care about." Caroline said.

"But... I... When do you have to leave?"

"Tomorrow." Caroline whispered and Liz hugged her.

"You better keep me updated of what is going on in New Orleans and if Klaus tries to hurt you, I'll find a way to hurt him back." Liz said.

"I can take care of myself, mom. I'm no longer a little girl."

"You will always be my little girl, sweetie."

Next on The Pact

"Love, you need to be careful with that sharp tongue of yours."
***
"What? Where am I?"
***
"You better not let another doppelgänger get in the middle of our plans."