44

Klaus was telling Caroline everything about Marcel, from how and when he met him to him turning him into a vampire and to finding Marcel and Rebekah dating in secret.

"Why didn't you just told Rebekah the reason for you not wanting them together?" Caroline asked.

"I told them. I told them that when it comes to love, she's never lucky and that they come and go for her but I'm the constant, that it's because of me they appear, because they want to be close to me or because of power or to try to kill me."

"Klaus, we both know that's not the reason you were so against him and Rebekah being together. If that was the case you would also be against Stefan and Rebekah." Caroline said.

"Then what do you think it was the reason?"

"I think the reason you were so against Marcel and Rebekah being together was because you raise him and look at him as your own son, blood of your blood. Seeing him with Rebekah made you face the fact that you didn't share blood, it made you face the fact that he wasn't your biological son because Rebekah wasn't taking care of him as an aunt takes care of a nephew. And let's not forget that you are also scared of being alone so you probably also feared that he would leave you to be with your sister." Caroline said.

"I'm not scared of anything." Klaus growled and Caroline simply gave him a look. "Alright, maybe part of me wonder what would happen if they stayed together."

"You know, they would probably understood if you had just told them how you really felt." Caroline said.

"I'm not some hippie who talks about his feelings." Klaus mumbled, making Caroline roll her eyes.

"If you don't tell people how you feel, then how do you expect for them to know it?"

"I don't want people to know how I feel, I just want them to be loyal." Klaus whispered.

"People tend to be loyal to people who they can talk to." Caroline whispered.

"You always have an answer for everything, don't you, love?" Klaus smirked.

"Are you just realizing that now?" Caroline asked, making Klaus smirk even more.

"Caroline, I do enjoy our conversations but..."

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone about our conversations. I might be a bad liar but I can keep my mouth shut when needed." Caroline said.

"Thank you. I truly appreciate our little talks. It's easy to talk to you." Klaus admitted.

"Thanks. And you aren't completely terrible to talk to." Caroline smiled, making Klaus smirk.

"I believe we talked already too much about me for one night." Klaus said.

"Okay. I guess we can go get some sleep." Caroline smiled.