22

"So... I'll ask you again. Caroline Forbes, why so interested in me getting my throne back?"

She didn't know what she was suppose to say to him. He wanted the truth and the truth was that she found out New Orleans was like a home to him and that this place actually made him happy, which she wanted for him because even if at first she didn't like him, she was now realizing he has been feeling lonely over his thousand years of existence and that he was never able to find a place to call home without worrying about having to flee because of Mikael. Caroline has been noticing that Klaus isn't the man most people see him as and she felt that this could be his way to have a life that he always wanted. She didn't know why, but she was starting to care about him.

"I don't like to repeat myself." Klaus said, growing impatient by the second.

"Why does it matter to you? Isn't this my job? To help you? To be loyal to you?"

"You were never this helpful. Why now are you being so helpful without making one of your snarky comments?"

"Oh! Now I get it. You're worried I'm messing with your head or trying to be double agent. Well, that's not it."

"I just want to know the reason." Klaus said and step closer to her, having their bodies inches away from each other.

"Whatever I tell you won't matter. You aren't used to someone helping you without second intentions. You won't believe whatever reason I tell you."

Oh, I always let you down
You're shattered on the ground
But still I find you there
Next to me

"Just tell me, love." Klaus whispered, looking now at her lips, while grabbing her by the waist, pressing her against the wall as he got closer to her.

"What do you want me to say? No matter what I'll say you won't believe so..." Caroline said frustrated, trying not to think about the way Klaus was looking at her lips and how he was holding her in a possessive way.

"I won't let you go without having my answer." Klaus whispered to her ear.

"Fine. I... I want you to get your throne back because... I've heard stories about how this place was like your home and how you enjoyed the time you've spend here. I think now that Mikael is gone, it's time for you to start over. Everyone deserves a chance to start over. You've been a thousand years afraid of getting attached to people because of Mikael. You've been afraid that once people started to care about you, they would get killed. You now don't have to worry about that."

"I am not afraid. I don't fear anything. I'm the one who causes fear." Klaus whispered, showing his hybrid face to Caroline.

"I'm not afraid of you." Caroline whispered, making Klaus get off guard.

"Like I said before. I can't tell if you are brave or just foolish." He whispered still with his hybrid face.

"And like I said before, you are afraid of getting attached to people." Caroline said firmly, making Klaus growl, so Caroline showed him her hybrid face. "Lately, we've been spending time together. You are afraid that you are starting to get attached, that's why you are with all these questions. You are afraid."