80

Elijah decided to gather Rebekah, Klaus and Kol in the living room to discuss his newest idea to finish the Harvest ritual.

"It's taken one thousand years but you've finally gone mad. And not the fun kind of mad." Kol said.

"I have to agree with Kol. I mean, our own mother?"

"Yes, our beloved mother, who Niklaus has affectionately placed in a coffin in his basement... not daggered, but quite dead." Elijah said.

"Well, she did try to kill us all." Klaus defend himself.

"Well, I say we put her to use and put her to rest once and for all. Now if we bury our mother on land owned by one of her descendants, she becomes a New Orleans witch, and we, as her family, share in that ancestral magic." Elijah said.

"We're vampires, Elijah. We can't practice magic." Kol said.

"Or own property, for that matter." Rebekah said.

"Yes. With regard to practicing magic..." Elijah started. "That's where Sophie comes in. After we burry our mother, we will be able to channel all her power to Sophie. And because it will be Esther's magic what Sophie will use, we need to participate in the Harvest." Elijah said and then looked at Klaus. "And as for owning property, not all of our mothers descendants are dead..."

"The baby..." Klaus said surprised.

"The baby. The parish Tax Assessor's office is just steps outside of the Quarter. Caroline now holds the title to the plantation. So, if we bury our mother there, and we consecrate those grounds, we can finish the Harvest ritual." Elijah said.

"You're a bit of a mad genius, Elijah. Count me in." Klaus said with a smirk.

"Am I the only one thinking? Oh my God! Is this what it's like to be Elijah?" Kol asked and then said

"Am I the only one thinking? Oh my God! Is this what it's like to be Elijah?" Kol asked and then said. "Our mother was the most powerful witch in history. If we bury her, we hand that power to our enemies to use against us."

"Given our circumstances, I hardly see that we have a choice, Kol." Elijah said.

"I don't know why I bother. When the package is this pretty, nobody cares what's inside." Kol said.

"What were you expecting, brother? You should know by now that Nik and Elijah will do what they want no matter what we say." Rebekah said.

"No. Our decision must be unanimous." Elijah said.

"This is not a democracy." Klaus said.

"You're quite right. This is family." Elijah said and they got me interrupted with the sound of a powerful rain storm that is pouring down on the house. "Water. The next sign's begun. Kol? Rebekah?"