37

As soon as Klaus appeared in the hallway, Stefan and Elijah requested to talk with him, so the three went to the office and Klaus listened to Elijah and Stefan giving arguments about how Klaus should be merciful with Damon and Alaric.

***

It was afternoon and Klaus requested Caroline's presence in his office and he closed the door so no one could hear them.

"What do you want?" Caroline asked as she crossed her arms and stayed with an annoyed look.

"I already made my decision and put it in action." Klaus said, quickly capturing Caroline's attention. "They had to be punished..."

*Flashback*

Klaus went to the basement, where Damon was in.

"What the hell do you want, you bastard?"

"In deed, I am." Klaus smirked. "Now, listen to me." Klaus said and started to compel Damon. "You will remember you hurt Caroline Forbes and you will wake up every day, filled with guilt. Even knowing Caroline was an honest person and a true friend, you doubt of her. You will no longer doubt of her. You are aware that Caroline is only close to Klaus because of the Pact. You know Caroline would never care for a monster like Klaus Mikaelson. You know that all she is doing is so she can protect her friends. You know Caroline would never let any harm to come to Elena. You are going to Mystic Falls and keep an eye on Liz Forbes, like you promised Caroline. You will make sure nothing bad happens to Liz Forbes. You will never try to hurt Caroline, any of the Mikaelsons, any of the hybrids or any of Klaus's allies."

Damon nodded in silence and Klaus went to Alaric's room, compelling Alaric to no longer try to hurt him, his siblings, Caroline or his allies, then to leave to Mystic Falls and keep an eye on things.

*End Of Flashback*

"You let them go..." Caroline smiled and hugged Klaus. "Thank you."