74

Bonnie was in her room when someone knock on her door, making her walk over to the door and when opened the door, she saw it was Kol.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yes. I think so. I am here to see how you are handling everything that happened. I know you don't like to hurt other but you felt the need to to save my brother, which I can't thank you enough for that. I know he can be a real jerk but... he is my brother and I love him... even if he locked me in a coffin for 900 years." Kol said.

"Come in." Bonnie said, letting him enter her room so they could talk in private.

"I do admire how you are still loyal to your brother after everything." Bonnie said.

"He is my brother." Kol said but wasn't very comfortable talking about these personal subjects that made him more vulnerable. "Anyway, you still haven't told me. How are you?"

"I'm okay. Just a little tired but nothing much." Bonnie said.

"Darling, I can see there's something in your mind. What is it? You can tell me." Kol said holding her hand, making her smile.

"I'm worried about Davina. She's been having nightmares and she's been losing control of her magic whenever she gets upset. She has so much power... but she can't always control it... and I fear that one day she might hurt herself, letting her magic take the best of her." Bonnie said.

"She is really lucky to have you by her side." Kol said softly, making her blush.

"I didn't do anything special."

"You should give yourself more credit, darling. You are not only a beautiful woman with a sharp tongue. You are kind, caring, loyal, protective of the people around you, smart, strong... I could go on and on about how remarkable you are."

"Thank you for remarking on it." Bonnie smiled. "And thank you for being by my side. I know, at first I wasn't the best company just because I didn't want to hang out with you."

"Yeah... you probably had 5 billion other people you would prefer hang out with..."

"Maybe at first..." she said and they both laughed softly, but then she smiled and looked at him. "But now... not exactly. I'm happy that I got to know you... even if it meant listening to your stupid and outdated flirty lines."

"Ouch! Give me a break, I stayed a long time in a coffin. I am improving."

"Oh really?" Bonnie asked in disbelief.

"How about this... we will act like we are in a bar and I'll try to pick you up and if it won't work, you will smack me with a pillow."

"Okay!" Bonnie said with a big smile.

"You are way too happy with the option of smacking me with a pillow." Kol said, making Bonnie shrug with a smile.

"Hey! Do you have a name or can I call you mine?" Kol said and Bonnie smack him with a pillow.

"Came on! We don't know each other and you're pick up line gives me already a big red flag. A woman is a human being not a propriety that you can own."

"It was kinda romantic, calling you mine."

"No!" Bonnie said. "Try again."

"Hey! My name is Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?"

"I don't even have the energy to smack you with the pillow. That's how horrible it is." Bonnie said, making Kol laugh.

"Sorry, but you owe me a drink."

"What? Why?" Bonnie ask confused, curious to know where he was going with that line.

"Because when I saw you, I dropped mine." Kol said and Bonnie couldn't help but smile.

"Okay. That's an alright one. Let's see if you have any other good ones."

"Hey! I just want you to know that you don't need to wear makeup. You can't improve perfection." Kol said, making Bonnie blush.

"Okay. I guess even if you have bad ones, you are getting better." Bonnie said, as they both smiled but then Kol started to look deep into her eyes, feeling drawn to her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Sorry... It's just... your eyes are like a sunset. They are incredibly beautiful and it's difficult to look away."

"Kol, I already told you that you weren't that bad. No need to keep with your flirty one liners."

"It isn't a line. It's true." Kol said softly, leaning in to her, letting his forehead rest on hers, while they enjoyed the warmth of being so close to each other.

AN: Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it wasn't a big development but I still enjoyed writing it. This chapter is dedicated to Fanficgirl104 who's been very supportive and requested a bit more of Kennett. I hope you liked it.
Love you guys! ❤️