10

Once Elena and Elijah got back to the mansion, they put the food in the kitchen and went to the library, while Rebekah and Stefan talked and drink in the living room.

Elijah was reading one of his favorite books from the 19th century while Elena read a romance novel.

They were in a couch and Elijah noticed Elena wanted to lay her legs but didn't want to say anything about it.

"Elena, if you want, I can go seat on that armchair and you can lay down your legs..."

"No. There's no need for that. Stay." Elena quickly said.

"At least lay you legs on my lap."

"I'm not going to do that. I already bother you too much."

"You don't. Besides, Niklaus wants me to reassure you are enjoying your stay here so you won't run away... which I doubt you will do." Elijah said.

"Thank you, Elijah." Elena whispered and lay down her legs on his legs. "Not just for this. For everything. You've been amazing with me."

Elijah simply smiled to Elena and then they both went back to reading their books.

Suddenly, Elena felt Elijah's hand on her leg and him starting to caressing it softly, making her have this warm feeling inside and finding herself smiling.

***

Rebekah went to her bedroom when saw Elena going to the library with Elijah, making Stefan quickly follow her.

"Bekah, are you okay? What happened? I thought we were having a nice time."

"Stefan, you and Elena broke up not long ago. I shouldn't be drinking with you. I know I'm not her biggest friend but I'm trying to be her friend and it's clear she still has feelings for you." Rebekah said.

"We agreed on being friends. We felt our relationship changed and that we were getting distant from each other. Even if we kept being together, it would be more of us fighting to try to have what we had instead of actually being in a relationship." Stefan said.

"I don't want to get in more dramas with Elena because of guys." Rebekah whispered.

"You won't." Stefan whispered and she smiled to him.

" Stefan whispered and she smiled to him

***

Caroline and Klaus were walking around the streets of New Orleans and Caroline was still talking about how many the fake witch did saw something in the cards.

"Love, Nothing is going to happen. We will just get my throne back." Klaus said for the fifth time.

"How can you be so sure? And don't tell me it's because she's a fake witch. Sometimes people have those feelings that even if they can't see the future, they are correct about something that they feel it will happen." Caroline said worried and Klaus pressed her against a brick wall to make her stop walking around and focus on what he said.