73

Caroline woke up in Klaus's arms, making her smile involuntarily and feeling a level of happiness she thought she would never feel again. But as she started to realize what happened, her happiness was put on the side because her rational side started to think about what the events of yesterday could mean not only to her and Klaus but also, and especially, to their unborn child. She didn't want her baby growing up with parents who would be on and off, she wanted to give her baby a stable environment... well, as stable as possible because she knew that their child wouldn't have much of a normal life because it would grow up in a supernatural world.

Caroline decided that she should leave but when she tried to move to get her underwear, she felt Klaus's arm wrapping around her tightly.

"Good morning, Love." Klaus whispered, still with his eyes closed, but he knew Caroline very well and knew she would be freaking out.

"Klaus..."

"I prefer when you call me Nik..." Klaus said softly and then whispered in her ear. "And even better when you moan..."

"Okay!" She quickly said, cutting him off. "I think we should..."

"Love, I know you want to have a serious conversation about what happened, about us and our baby and how it will be from now on

"Love, I know you want to have a serious conversation about what happened, about us and our baby and how it will be from now on..." Klaus said, opening his eyes.

"How did you know that I was about to say that?" Caroline asked.

"Because I know you, love." Klaus said softly with a smile, making her blush softly. "But before we do all that, I ask you... let me just enjoy being this close to you."

"Okay..." Caroline said softly and started to feel something. "What's that...?"

"I'm sorry, love. I truly have no control over that... especially in the morning." He said with a smirk, making her laugh softly.

"Nothing will happen before we talk." She said. "So... here's the thing, I'm gonna get dressed and so are you and we will talk about what happened."

"Alright, Love." Klaus said because for how much he tried to deny it, she had him wrapped around her little finger.

"Turn around."

"It's nothing I haven't seen before." Klaus smirked and she gave him a look, so he turned around, letting her getting dressed as he also got dressed.

"Alright, now we should talk." Caroline said after they got dressed, making him turning around to face her.

"Caroline, I tried to be sure that I wasn't pressuring you into doing something you didn't want to."

"I know... And I appreciate that. I just... I can't help but question myself about this... us. The truth is that I care about you and that even tho you can't piss me off, you also are the one person that makes me feel that I can be my true self... And I can feel there is something between us but..."

"But what? All of what you said makes me see that you want this... almost as badly as I do." Klaus asked, feeling frustrated with the mix signals Caroline gives him, feeling that whenever he makes a step forward, he then makes two steps back.

"We have to think about our baby. I don't want our baby to grow up in a unstable environment where the parents are on and off..." Caroline said.

"But how can I show you I want that too if you don't give us a real chance?" Klaus asked.

"You're right... I never gave us a real chance and I don't want to risk only giving a chance after our baby is born. Once we hold our baby, I want the baby to be our priority, not let some relationship drama get in a way... like we see that happen in some divorce trials where they use kids to hurt each other." Caroline said. "So... I'm giving us a chance but if things go sideways, we break up and try our best to stay civilized for the sake of our baby."

"Of course, Love." Klaus said with a smile.

"I also want to tell you that once I'll be 3 months pregnant, I want to tell my mom

"I also want to tell you that once I'll be 3 months pregnant, I want to tell my mom." Caroline said.

"Are you sure? What if she will be against it?"

"My mom knows how much I dreamed to be a mother. She knew how sad I was when I thought I could never have children... she will be happy." Caroline said and Klaus gave her a look. "Okay... maybe she won't be jumping from excitement when she will know you are the father but... she will realize you aren't all that bad. I am aware our baby won't have a compete normal life but I would like to give him or her as much of a stable life as possible and to be surrounded by people who love him or her."

AN: Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. I also would like to give a big shout out to Mozaieklover who told me that it wasn't necessary to get any credit but I believe she deserves it. I had this and other two chapters written already but I was having a big writer's block, which sucks and she's been helping me out get back my inspiration, which I am incredibly grateful. Love you guys!