45

It was morning, Klaus was still sleeping but Caroline had been awake for hours and even was able to make a meeting with just the hybrids so they could tell her what they were thinking of all this and the questions they had, which were plenty.

Caroline went to Klaus's room and got on top of him, kissing his cheek while wishing good morning.

"Good morning..." Caroline whispered.

"In deed it is, love." Klaus whispered with a sleepy voice, which she found cute and sexy, then he rolled them over so he could be on top. "Not that I don't enjoy waking up like this but I know you. What's going on?"

"I could act all innocent but we all knew that it would be an act so I guess I'll just say it

"I could act all innocent but we all knew that it would be an act so I guess I'll just say it. I've been talking with the other hybrids and they have some questions."

"What questions? Why do they have questions?" Klaus asked now in a serious tone.

"Well... You finally have your throne back and they wanted to know if they need to stay here for the rest of their lives and they also want to know if they can bring their friends and families here. And by here, I mean New Orleans. But you probably got that. I mean, this place is huge but not that huge, right?"

"There's more, isn't there?"

"They also wonder how long they will have to follow you around. If the pact is over or if will ever be over..."

"The pact will be over if I decide that to happen. I got my throne back but I still need my hybrids."

"They want to know if it will ever end."

"Maybe, once I get more hybrids. But you do know how I'm dependent on Elena for that, don't you? Especially with your idea of just getting bits of blood every once in awhile."

"Yes... Although I think I made you a favor by making you let Elena live."

"Oh really...? Care to explain, love?"

"If you would just drain her out, she wouldn't be able to live long enough to get married and have kids, which meant, it would be the end of the doppelgängers and even if you drain her blood to the last drop, it would still not be enough... let's face it, just her blood won't be enough to make that army that you so much desire and you would always worry if one would die because your doppelgänger blood supply would be limited." Caroline said.

"I see you thought very much about this subject. Why?"

"Because Elena is in here because of me, because the hybrids are here because of me, because I feel responsible for whatever it happens to them. I was the one who had the idea of making this pact and they trusted me. I can't let them down." Caroline said.

"Alright... Once I get more hybrids and people start to trust me, I will think about letting your friend date and a few hybrids I can let go." Klaus said.

"Seriously?" Caroline asked, expecting him to need more convincing than this.

"Yes. And about the hybrids, it will be very few I will let go by the time. Although, they will have to keep their word on how they won't go against me nor my family." Klaus said.

"Of course. Thank you." Caroline smiled and Klaus smirked, enjoying to see her smiling because of him.

" Caroline smiled and Klaus smirked, enjoying to see her smiling because of him

"Are you... one of the hybrids who is waiting for the pact to end so you can flee?" Klaus whispered, feeling vulnerable.

"No." Caroline whispered, making Klaus smile and kiss her cheek and then letting a trail of kisses to her neck. "Klaus, this is... we probably shouldn't..."

"I know what we agreed on but it can be truly difficult to keep the boundaries." Klaus whispered.

"Maybe you can find someone else to... do things like this."

"Why? Do you have someone who... does things like this?"

"No, but..." Caroline whispered without knowing what to say.

"But...?"

"It's just... we are getting along really well and I don't want this to become an issue... I told you about how we should stop being affectionate like this to not mix things and... I'm sure you won't have a problem finding another person to be like this with you."

"What if I don't want another person?" Klaus whispered.

"Please... You are just horny..." Caroline rolled her eyes. "I'm sure you can find another girl quickly. We can still have our talks and all that but maybe not be like this..."

Caroline quickly tried to leave the room but Klaus grabbed her wrist, before she could open the door.

"Is there someone you have your eye on?" Klaus asked now with a very serious tone and with an emotionless face.

"No. It's nothing like that, Klaus. I just... I don't want to mess this. I am finally able to have a conversation with you without wanting to kick your ass and I don't want to ruin that." Caroline said, making Klaus laugh.

"Are you sure you want to stop having these little moments?" Klaus whispered and pressed her against the door.

"Klaus..." Caroline whispered softly.

"Can you honestly tell me that you want this to stop?"

"I don't even know what this is, Klaus. What are we doing? Am I your little play thing for when you feel horny and have no one else to go? Am I the hybrid you go to just because you wanna talk and be like this without having to mean something? You know what that makes me? It makes me be something I hate... It makes me be something I can't be again. I just can't."

"What are you talking about? What can't you be again?" Klaus asked, making her look at him and regret what she said.

"That I used to be easy. Just that. Nothing more." Caroline said and left the room.