85

Elena was in her room when she heard someone knocking on her door and once she opened the door, she saw no one other than Caroline Forbes holding a pillow.

"Care? What's going on?" Elena asked. "I thought you were with Klaus and Elijah going over what was happening."

"I can't be around Klaus... at least, not now." Caroline said. "Can I stay here tonight?"

"Of course." Elena said. "Do you wanna borrow some of my pjs?"

"Yeah. Thank you." Caroline said.

After Caroline put on some of Elena's pjs and lay down with Elena in the bed, Elena noticed that Caroline was calmer.

"Are you okay to tell me now what happened? I mean, I thought you and Klaus were now in a good place." Elena said.

"Yeah... we were." Caroline said. "But now that I found something about his past, I don't know what to do."

"What did you find out?" Elena asked

"I found out that the people being sacrificed is by this old witch guy who decided to come back from the dead to have his revenge on Klaus."

"Klaus has a lot of enemies. You knew that already." Elena said, confused with Caroline being so upset with Klaus having another enemy back.

"Yeah... but this guy wants revenge because Klaus killed his kids. Klaus killed children. I knew he had killed many people... but children?!" Caroline asked as she started crying.

"I'm sorry, Care." Elena said, not knowing what to say about it, and just hugged her best friend.

***

Klaus went back to his room and quickly noticed the pillow by Caroline's side was missing, so he left his room and went to see Rebekah.

"Bekah! Are you having a girls night in?" Klaus asked.

"No. That's only on Wednesday. It's when we wear something pink and watch mean girls." Rebekah said and Klaus rolled his eyes. "But why are you asking?"

"I'm looking for Caroline." Klaus said.

"I saw her going to Elena's room."

"Thank you, Bekah." Klaus said and quickly left to see if Caroline was in Elena's room.

After he had knocked of the bedroom Elena was staying in, he saw Elena opening the door and quickly was about to close it but Klaus stopped it in time.

"Is Caroline here?" Klaus asked.

"She doesn't want to talk with you."

"Fine. Then can you please just tell her that I wanna talk with her. I know that I don't deserve her or her forgiveness but I want her to know that the guy who hurt those innocent people, isn't me anymore. I feel ashamed for being that guy... Elijah always tried to tell me that what matter was family and that family was power... I just never realized how much until Caroline got pregnant. The moment I heard that baby, I knew that no matter what that little baby would have all my love and that I would have to protect it, no matter what the costs."

"Awww! Come on, Care! You gotta at least give him a chance to talk with you now." Elena said. "I mean it was one of the sweetest things I've heard... I still can't believe it was Klaus who said all of it."

"Hey!" Caroline said as she walked over to Klaus.

"Caroline, let's talk about this... please."

"Klaus, it's been a long day." Caroline sighed.

" Caroline sighed

"Alright." Klaus said. "If space is what you need, then that's what I'll give you. I'll wait for you... however long it takes."

*The next morning*

Caroline woke up with Klaus by her side and a tray with pancakes, eggs, bacon, orange juice and blood type B+.

"Good morning, Love!" Klaus whispered.

"Hey! What's all of this?" Caroline asked.

"I know I told you I would give you time... but I wanted to show you that I care about you and our baby." Klaus said.

"This is too much of a serious conversation before breakfast. I need food so I can think." Caroline said, making Klaus smile and admiring her beauty as she ate the breakfast he made for her. "Oh! This is so good! Thank you. This breakfast was perfect."

"And that's not the end." Klaus said. "I would love for you to get ready and meet me downstairs."

"Okay..." Caroline said and went to her room to get something to wear.

Caroline wasn't sure what to expect but she took some deep breaths after getting ready because she didn't want her stress to hurt the baby.

AN: Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story so far. What do you think it will happen next? I'm sorry I haven't update this story as regularly as I used to. I honestly don't know when I'll update the next chapter, but I will... Thank you for all your support. Love you guys!